THE LONGEST YARD (best movie EVER)

Tools    

...you heard me...

Wow either I really want to see this movie or I should avoid it..mmmm. Thanks for the thoughts.

i never thought somebody would use the words best movie ever when describing just another dumb Adam Sandler comedy

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Hmmm.... That's an interesting thing to say. Pretty much everybody in the world would disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. that makes me wonder, what kinds of movies are you into? Why don't you scout around this site for some good movie recommendations and check out some of the classics ( Casablanca or a Hitchcock film would be a good place to start.) and see if that doesn't change your mind. I don't mean to be condescending but this post seemed kind of like a cry for help. Anyway welcome to the forum, glad to have you.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
i never thought somebody would use the words best movie ever when describing just another dumb Adam Sandler comedy
As much as I love Sandler, I disagree his movie are the "best EVER."

I saw this film and actually enjoyed it, however some parts that meant to be funny, just weren't. It was the characters on the football that made this film and not adam sandler. Any chump could have played his part.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Obviously the new one since it just came out.

the movie was pretty funny. it was cool seeing steve austin and goldberg in it. imo its not sandler's best or the best movie ever

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

The new one with Sandler has to be the worst movie in history!!!

I recently watched an old Vinny Jones movie called "The Mean Machine" it sure sounds alot like "The Longest Yard"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291341/

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
I recently watched an old Vinny Jones movie called "The Mean Machine" it sure sounds alot like "The Longest Yard"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291341/
It says The Mean Machine was based on the original The Longest yard

Mean Machine was a British remake of the Longest Yard, instead of Amercan Football, it was soccor they played. Vinnie Jones was professional footballer (soccor) before becoming an actor. The film was made or at least produced by Matthew Vaughn and Guy Richie who as we all know did "Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch". Many of the main cast is the same in all 3 movies (Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham, Jason Flemying, Robbie Gee, Adam Fogerty) and some also appear in another film "Greenfingers" (2002) starring Clive Owen.

i saw the movie the other day and it wasent all that bad bad, it had its good parts and its bad parts, what i dont get is why in every movie he has the same people star in it with him, like thew dude that sais you can due it

i watched this movie for the like 100th time last night its still my favorite (:

I hope you're referring to the original and not the Adam Sandler garbage.