Under The Dome

Tools    

Thoughts on the Stephen King novel turned show?

I really want to like it, but I'm not officially sold on it yet. A show like this feels like it should be a mini series and that's it, so let's see what they end up doing with it.

I can say this right off the bat, I'm not a fan of the mayor's son storyline. Feels completely forced.

I haven't read the book, so I don't know what the dome is as of yet. But from what I hear they have changed the ending.

Yuppers.

Pilot episode aired last week.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I agree that this feels like something should just be a mini-series and not try and make a show out of it, I can't see how they would have that much material to work with without taking the story way away from the book.

I did like the pilot but who knows how it will be from here on. The cow part was pretty awesome, reminded me of that scene from The Cell.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Thoughts on the Stephen King novel turned show?

I really want to like it, but I'm not officially sold on it yet. A show like this feels like it should be a mini series and that's it, so let's see what they end up doing with it.

I can say this right off the bat, I'm not a fan of the mayor's son storyline. Feels completely forced.

I haven't read the book, so I don't know what the dome is as of yet. But from what I hear they have changed the ending.

I'm a big fan of the book. One of King's best in recent years. Haven't seen the series pilot yet, but I've heard (surprisingly) good things about it. And as the for Mayor's son storyline, it's meant to be like that for reasons I won't spoil.

I was going to watch it, but I thought better of it I really shouldn't comment, as I haven't watched a single episode.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wasn't blown away by anything in the pilot. Will give it a few more eps.

Suspect's Reviews

Midway thru second episode I stopped watching, thinking I should read the book first, many seemed to like it, I don't want the pilot series indenting my mind's eye, the fact that it isn't a proper mini series is also questionable.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Watched the pilot and subsequent episode...the jury is still out. I'll give it another two episodes to catch my fancy.

Boy, this show has gotten so bad so quick. Very good first episode, bad second one, terrible third.

And I gotta say: I like King as a writer, but the guy's become just insanely predictable in certain ways. Always setting stories in small New England towns is just a style thing; no issues there. But even the beats are following patterns. As soon as I saw a lesbian couple I thought "okay, won't be long before some hick-looking guy says something moderately intolerant or suggestive about that." When Big Jim started showing a little aggression early on, I immediately thought "okay, he'll definitely end up being a full-blown psychopath before long." And I'll bet a billion dollars that bully from the house party carries a grudge around for awhile and pops up again.

And the whole Junior thing is just bungled beyond belief.

I'd be so, so down with this show if there were anything else on. As it is, I might be done with it anyway, since I can always go back and finally watch Friday Night Lights.

You liked the pilot a lot more than I did. They crammed in too much too fast... Nothing was believably developed. It felt like watching a bad soap opera where everything is a predictable set-up for a predictable conflict. The whole thing felt very rushed and formulaic.

I watched hoping for good execution of the initial... um, "doming" but even that was a big meh for me. I'm calling this one DOA.