Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Going with Dark Knight Rises. I know I say this a lot, but it was one of the hugest disappointments for me. It was sloppy, poorly done, depressing, barely had ANY Batman in it (the boring and devoid of charisma Bruce Wayne does NOT count as Batman), and I just had no fun watching it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Going with Dark Knight Rises. I know I say this a lot, but it was one of the hugest disappointments for me. It was sloppy, poorly done, depressing, barely had ANY Batman in it (the boring and devoid of charisma Bruce Wayne does NOT count as Batman), and I just had no fun watching it.
I've met a couple of people who had problems with that film. A coworker of mine was pissed off by the different twists at the end, and a few people disliked the way that Bane talked. I loved it, but we all have our opinions.

Couple things here.

First off: No, movies are NOT always art, inherently. Not HIGH art, anyway. Anyone can make something and call it art, but that doesn't make it art; it just doesn't. Movies can have artistic merit, be art-like, and some films can definitely be considered works of art on a technical basis, but not all films are art. The same can be said for music et al.

Is the McDonalds commercial jingle art, simply because it's music?

Is Saw 6 art, simply because it is a film?

I say no in both cases.
I thought it'd been decided that Duchamp settled this argument about 100 years ago? Yes, it's art. Whether it's good or not, that's a different argument.

The King of Couch Potatoes
I was just talking about this one the other day: Evil Dead. People love that one so much and I can't even begin to fathom why. It's horrible.

Some others:
Titanic
Avatar (not horrible, but not nearly as good as people made out)
(ok, let's just put pretty much anything by James Cameron really)
Zoolander
Tron (and its sequel)

Since someone else mentioned it before, I have to say Blade Runner is overrated too. I don't hate it, but I only find it to be a bit above average.

I dont know if other people loves this movie. But i hate Avatar, Legend of Aang.

I thought Zero Dark Thirty was boring. It couldn't decide between being a documentary or an intriguing drama.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Ted. I found it boring, annoying, and had to constantly fight the urge to maim the fuzzy brown thing myself...instead of leaving it to a deranged Giovanni Ribisi.

Mayhap I'm one sad human being devoid of humour?

I thought Zero Dark Thirty was boring. It couldn't decide between being a documentary or an intriguing drama.
I hated it too.. especially the one liners.
I have no idea what kind of a film they were making. IMO they messed up.

But many have liked the film.

Memento

I just thought of another one that a lot of people seem to like: House of Flying Daggers. The ending was terrible. Not terrible because it was "too tragic," just plain bad.

The Conversation. Its highly known and critics love it. I hate it!

There are a few others.... Will post when i remember.

The Cable Guy - Jim Carrey Worst movie ever lol still love Jim Carrey thought

Not Enough Time
I thought it'd been decided that Duchamp settled this argument about 100 years ago? Yes, it's art. Whether it's good or not, that's a different argument.
I have to disagree. Something in a field of art form is not art if it is done for commercial gain or more importantly, without any soul and is completely superficial in both motive and product. Many, many movies are guilty of this, just as many art forms in the past have been, as humans are eternally, and as stated in the prior example, music is with advertising.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Lets see, there is the awful series of Twilight for starters. I hated the Madagascar movies, all the stupid Tyler Perry ****. He's a pitiful director/writer and his acting is the only thing keeping him alive.

I'm not racist at all but the only reason his stuff is popular is because it appeals to a bigger Black audience.

I could go on forever about movies I hate so I'll keep it at that.

I'm not a big Terminator fan. I don't see what everyone see in those films. I hate Rocky I think it's a generic piece of crap. I'm not a big fan of 2001 a space odyssey, but I can see why it's praise that much

Lets see, there is the awful series of Twilight for starters.
I'm pretty sure there are many people who dislike/hate Twilight, probably millions. And this is the 'Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves' thread, so...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really dislike 'Rubber' and 'Suckerpunch' but there are people I have spoken to who love them both.

Mean Girls- worst movie ever!

Spider-Man (2002)- I think it's ok, but the sequels are much better.

X-Men First Class- Like Spider-Man, except the previous X-Men movies (not counting Origins) are much better.

Batman Begins- snooze fest with choppy fight scenes

Harry Potter- An absolute snooze fest!

Rocky Horror Picture Show- There are much better musicals and this isn't one!

The Karate Kid remake

Napoleon Dynamite