Whats Your Faviourite Horror Movie?

Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
IT isnt scary. I watched it when i was 11 and thought it was ****. I still think so now. I read the book though, and the book scared the **** outta me, but the movie is just laughable.
Which is why I love it. It's horror themed but it makes me laugh!

suspiria
eraserhead
tcm (original)
the cabinet of dr caligari

Colour out of Time
Nosferatu a silent film from 1927, the first Dracula movie ... brilliant and very creepy, in fact I will be seeing it again this Friday at our Indi Theatre who are currantly staging a Silent Film festival ... there will even be some guy playing keyboard accompanyment.

I also agree with the above poster with The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari (another silent gem)
Also recently saw Susperia, wow what a surreal adventure that film is.

The 'Dead' series by Romero.
Shaun of the Dead, you just gotta love a film where the cast escape to the pub for safety LOL
The Thing, original and remake.
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later both good.
Blair Witch Project, for me very creepy.

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
I don't think Nosferatu needed an introduction :P

amazing.

Anyway, for me, Gin Gwai is the freakiest film I've seen in a while

How do those asians do it?

The Blob (all of them)
The Thing (both)
Exorcist 3
Night Of The Living Dead (original)
House
The Ring
Ju-On
The Blair Witch Project (sorry I thought I was really scary)
The Final Destination Series
Jeepers Creepers (first only)
Silent Hill (hated a good chunk of the ending)
The Shining (though book was scarier)
Serpent And The Rainbow (is this technically horror?)

Good ghost movies:
The Changeling
The Others
Sixth Sense

Movie Forums Extra
Hands down for me, A Nightmare on Elm St. : The Dream Warriors. It had a great plot, and was believeable. After that, the plots started to get really ridiculous.

I cant believe nobody has said The Gate!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Colour out of Time
Undead (Aussie flick 2003) cos I never saw a three barreled shot gun before.

Wolf's Creek (another Aussie flick 2005) if you like the psychotic killer abducting tourists in remote outback location genre.

Undead (Aussie flick 2003) cos I never saw a three barreled shot gun before.

Wolf's Creek (another Aussie flick 2005) if you like the psychotic killer abducting tourists in remote outback location genre.
i enjoyed wolf's creek another one of those movies with no music in.(no country for old men)

i enjoyed wolf's creek
Wolf's Creek was somewhat well done. There were a lot of those jump in parts that got me, kind of cliched.

I don't know if the Sixth Sense would be considered of the "horror" genre, but if you do put it under that category I find it to be one of the best ever made.

In terms of shocking surprise endings - it is barely (or possibly even not) beaten by anything that ever really took me by crazy surprise.

M. Night Shyamalan is one of the best horror directors for sure, and he manages to keep a level head of actual emotion, and the characters actually have depth instead of being a bunch of subjects in a wackjob gory fright frenzy. Well - made, and scary enough as well - a great package.

i dont know if i havent seen enough of shyamalan's stuff or just the bad ones but other than sixth sense i havent seen one that i would mention..

I think he's amazing.

Others I would mention would be:

- Signs
- The Village (odd, but I still found it well done)
- Lady in the Water (this too)

I never really enjoyed Fracture too much.

Colour out of Time
i enjoyed wolf's creek another one of those movies with no music in.
What made it even more sinister for me (and I assume other Aussies) is that John Jared (the outback psycho) also entertains little kiddies in a tv show called Play School

What made it even more sinister for me (and I assume other Aussies) is that John Jared (the outback psycho) also entertains little kiddies in a tv show called Play School
Haha, no kidding?

Beats any horror ever made.
LOL yeah i saw it when i was like 8 when my mom left the movie out before she returned it.....needless to say i slept with a night light until last week! and i am 23!!!!

Colour out of Time
LOL yeah i saw it when i was like 8 when my mom left the movie out before she returned it.....needless to say i slept with a night light until last week! and i am 23!!!!
Excellent the planet thanks you good sir

I adore the old schlock Hammer Horror films ... Vincent Price, Christopher Lee add a cheezy musak soundtrack and wondefull over acting, all of this added much to the enjoyment of these B-grade classics.

Cannot beat IMHO all those Vamps, Werewolves, Zombies, Mummies and various Franks lurching around causing maximum mayhem ... and don't forget all those scantily clad scream queens

I'd prefer them any day to the more modern Freddy and Jason type of horror.

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
Surely though, modern day horror is just the american industry taking a quick glance at the surface of japanese horror, grabbing some generic by-the-book first time director and ripping it off.

Horror is in a sad state of affairs, as a lot of people don't care about it.

It's not good That's why I'm living in the past. :P