Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Tools    

If you've been out of the house... or on almost any website.. you've seen ads for this new flick by Apatow. Anyone planning on seeing it?

Cast: Jason Segel, Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand, Bill Hader, Jonah Hill

Plot summary: Devastated Peter takes a Hawaii vacation in order to deal with recent break-up with his TV star girlfriend, Sarah. Little does he know Sarah's traveling to the same resort as her ex ... and she's bringing along her new boyfriend.

IMDB: http://imdb.com/title/tt0800039/

Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UCJVW-1Dk

Im really not a Russel Brand fan, the idea of him being in it really puts me off and makes me not want to go see it.

Really? Why aren't you a fan?

I'm not a Russel Brand fan either but watched the trailer and he was ok, didn't try to be the main focus of attention with his annoying and excessive 'outrageousness'.

I'm not a Russel Brand fan either but watched the trailer and he was ok, didn't try to be the main focus of attention with his annoying and excessive 'outrageousness'.
Yeah, from the few trailers I've seen he seems to do quite well in it. All the reviews seem to be praising him as well. i guess I'll find out for myself this weekend.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This one isn't as appealing to me as previous Apatow related films.

Suspect's Reviews

Why's that UsualSuspects?

I feel like everyone is just putting Apatow's name on anything that he is slightly connected to just to call it an Apatow film even though hes only made two films and while Superbad was very funny his two films are much better than everything else with his name on it.

You could say that Taxi Driver, he has had a lot of projects pumped out pretty recently. Which two do you mean? He's written quite a few, directed a good chunk, and produced more than i'm willing to count.

Yeah, i've thought that too TD. Too many films seem to drop his name even when he coulda just lent them a couple bucks.

I was talking About 40 year old Virgin and Knocked up and to my knowledge those are the only two "Apatow films" that he himself directed the rest just as a producer.

It's not that I'm saying all these films with his name on it are terrible unless he directs them it's just seems everyone is willing to throw his name on anything just because he is a big name in comedy right now.

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
Jason Segel has me in stitches every time.

I really don't know why

Knocked Up - "I'm gonna go make a protein shake"

I must have laughed for about 30 mins non stop. I don't know why.

From what I've heard, Taxi Driver, Apatow really helped Segel with the writing of the film. I might be totally off base with that though.

Jonah, I'm a big fan of Jason Segel. I was so excited to see he was writing this one. He's damn funny. I also like that he wrote himself naked. That's a bold move.

I still don't understand why everyone hates Russell Brand! What's wrong with him? Is he really terrible and oversaturated in England?

Really? Why aren't you a fan?

I find him very irritating in every possible way. He really puts me off anything he has anything to do with. Ive seen the trailer and it didnt really appeal to me anyway, ignoring the fact hes in it. I think ill end up giving it a miss unless one day i get really bored and have it in my grasp without having to part with any cash to see it.

I find him very irritating in every possible way. He really puts me off anything he has anything to do with. Ive seen the trailer and it didnt really appeal to me anyway, ignoring the fact hes in it. I think ill end up giving it a miss unless one day i get really bored and have it in my grasp without having to part with any cash to see it.
Hm. That's interesting. i think you're going to miss out with this one then! I'll watch it twice to make up for you missing it

Hopefully you'll get a good laugh out of it. In all the reviews and stuff I've read everyone really enjoyed him in it. It seemed to be a good role for him. Of course, I quite like him.. so I may be biased.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Forgetting Sarah Marshall was excellent.

Not quite as good as Knocked Up or Virgin but still a laugh riot.

All the characters are great and Russell Brand is hands down the funniest part of the movie.

And Kristen Bell is now my future wife.

8.5/10