Thunderbolt’s personal 2021 challenge

Tools    

Everyone should certainly find the time for doing the things that they love so I am setting myself a challenge. My movie watching has plummeted over the past 6 months due to the chaos of just life in general. I want to make sure that in 2021 I find the time to watch at least 200 movies over the year. To some this is probably a simple task, but at the moment I’m only managing to view a single film every 2 or 3 weeks. I’ve never logged movie watching before but I figure it will keep me motivated to hit the 200 target. I’ll briefly comment and rate each film even if it’s something really bad from late night TV. Bring on January the 1st 2021!

Victim of The Night

Everyone should certainly find the time for doing the things that they love so I am setting myself a challenge. My movie watching has plummeted over the past 6 months due to the chaos of just life in general. I want to make sure that in 2021 I find the time to watch at least 200 movies over the year. To some this is probably a simple task, but at the moment I’m only managing to view a single film every 2 or 3 weeks. I’ve never logged movie watching before but I figure it will keep me motivated to hit the 200 target. I’ll briefly comment and rate each film even if it’s something really bad from late night TV. Bring on January the 1st 2021!
I used to watch right around 200/year. I recommend picking 2 or 3 months to be theme months and try to watch as many movies as there are days in each of those months. That gets you just about halfway there in just 3 months and then you only have to watch about 3 movies a week from there on out.
Plus those themed months are fun. The obvious one is October. I do thrillers and horror-adjacent movies in September and horror movies in October and that usually has me at 50-60 movies just for those two months, even on off years.

I used to watch right around 200/year. I recommend picking 2 or 3 months to be theme months and try to watch as many movies as there are days in each of those months. That gets you just about halfway there in just 3 months and then you only have to watch about 3 movies a week from there on out.
Plus those themed months are fun. The obvious one is October. I do thrillers and horror-adjacent movies in September and horror movies in October and that usually has me at 50-60 movies just for those two months, even on off years.
Thanks for the tip. A theme month is a great idea. I think October and December will be quite big months for obvious reasons but I won’t manage a film a day.

”So 200 movie views for 2021, or else.......”

My ratings system:
Awful, never view again.
Passable, a few entertaining moments at best.
Good effort and would happily view again in a year +.
Great performances and plot.
Outstanding.

Can’t wait to get started.

Also answers to Jabba
It's nice to see someone setting cinematic goals for themselves and your excitement is contagious. I would invite you to join us in the 2021 film challenge. Your challenge is larger in volume and combining it with the other one will help give it more direction and a wider spectrum of films. Also, seeing others doing this along with you will help motivate you in case you fall in a slump.

Even if you decide against that, I would still like to follow your progress so I would suggest having an index in the first page to make it easier to navigate your thread.