Han "Solo" film Under-Performs at Box-Office

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Because it not only plays off Fett's unwarranted reputation for being a badass (much like Waititi did with Thor in Ragnarok) but it's also liable to be more inventive than whatever grimdark bounty hunter nonsense someone else would create.

Because it not only plays off Fett's unwarranted reputation for being a badass (much like Waititi did with Thor in Ragnarok) but it's also liable to be more inventive than whatever grimdark bounty hunter nonsense someone else would create.
I wouldn't know, I didn't watch Thor Ragnarok.

What exactly about Fett's reputation is unwarranted and why?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Fett being a badass for just rolling with the trash and later falling into the sarlacc pit, my guess.

The truth is in here
Boba Fett is pretty much a cameo role in all movies he appear in. In Return Of The Jedi he has the biggest role, and he ends up getting eaten. I don't get the big deal about him either. If anything I always found Emperor Palpatine the coolest, next to Darth Vader.

Hi ynwtf, thanks for jumping in and answering only half of a question not directed at you. I'm asking Iro because I want to hear his oppinion specifically. I think he has no substance and he's just scoffing.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Pfft, his badass credentials are wildly overstated in the first place and Star Wars is better off without some Venom-level nonsense about a dude whose most distinctive canonical action involves him getting sent flying into the side of a party boat.

Han couldn't keep his name out his mouth. That's gotta count for somethin'.

I would ask you to tell me something you would get excited about, but I know better.

When it comes to pop culture phenomena, why not? What have any of these characters done to warrant their celebrity? People like cars because of an emotion, so how come it doesn't work in a movie? I think I'm lucky at times to not have been blessed with an analytical and articulate mind like the rest of my family. I don't see a reason not to like Boba Fett, other than the standard, "he never did anything and he doesn't warrant the attention because of a halloween costume." Imagination isn't a cardinal sin.

Why not make a film with no story? He's tracking someone/ thing. Trouble on the way. Fights his way out. Regroups and plans his final strategy? Jet pack, jet pack, touch the wrist.

I'm hung up on Predator, but why couldn't that premise work for a Fett movie. There wasn't that much to Predator.

Why is Vader a popular villain? He's just a fat ugly old bald guy who looses a sword fight in a space age future with laser guns. Why is Palpatine considered such a compelling villain when he gets thrown down an elevator shaft by a crippled old man?

Just because you describe the character and events in an absurd manner doesn't make the character any less compelling. It's not impressive to set up a weak position for your opponent and then knock it over. If you have any confidence that you're actually correct then set upthe strongest possible argumemt and try to knock it over. If you want to understand why Boba Fett is popular then you may want to start with an accurate reasonable description of him that doesn't sound absurd.

He died and he wasn't a main character sounds like all your absurd comments are really saying.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hi ynwtf, thanks for jumping in and answering only half of a question not directed at you. I'm asking Iro because I want to hear his oppinion specifically. I think he has no substance and he's just scoffing.
You are most certainly welcome!!!!!!1!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
They nailed the costume design on Vader. Then James Earl Jones did the voice. The menacing aura that came from the breathing. That stuff alone is iconic without any of the family turmoil thrown in.

They nailed the costume design on Vader. Then James Earl Jones did the voice. The menacing aura that came from the breathing. That stuff alone is iconic without any of the family turmoil thrown in.
What I said about Vader was hypothetical to illustrate a point. That was not how I actually feel about Vader. The point is that ridicule is not a form of valid criticism. All they're really saying is they don't like the character. If they had made him a main character and he didn't die it wouldn't be an accomplishment on the character's part, it just comes down to writing. Anything a character accomplishes is not an accomplishment on the character's part, they simply accomplish it because the script says so. The question really should be, "Is he a well written and well designed character?" It really doesn't matter if someone thinks the character is silly if they don't say anything about how the character is actually written and designed. The character wouldn't necessarily be better if he didn't bump a party boat. If a character they did like bumped a party boat, well suddenly it wouldn't count against them anymore.

Fett being a badass for just rolling with the trash and later falling into the sarlacc pit, my guess.
Nice edit. If we were playing darts I'd say, "You almost hit the board."

Do you think every character that did less was a worse character, and every character that did more was a better character? Why the word, "just" as if that's all he did, or not doing more means he's not a good character? The real question is not about what he did or how much he did, but how well it was executed by the writers, director, and actor. He is a very well portrayed cold calculating killer. He's also a strong silent type. Care to comment on the "cold calculating killer" and "strong silent type" as aspects of his character? Or do you just want to pretend like the reasons people actually like him don't exist so that you can call those people stupid and feel better about yourself?

The truth is in here
Geez, you're going at ynwtf way too hard, man. No one likes to discuss if you've got that kind of attitude going in. Seriously? "So you can call those people stupid and feel better about yourself"? When did he ever call those people stupid? That's right, he didn't. Maybe think of a way to not sound so demeaning, so the other person will actually want to debate with you.

Geez, you're going at ynwtf way too hard, man. No one likes to discuss if you've got that kind of attitude going in. Seriously? "So you can call those people stupid and feel better about yourself"? When did he ever call those people stupid? That's right, he didn't. Maybe think of a way to not sound so demeaning, so the other person will actually want to debate with you.
Yeah, my bad... You are right. I need to be more respectful in these debates. I do a lot of ego boosting...