2011 Best Director Oscar

Tools    

Who would you vote for among Oscar's Best Director crop?
14.29%
3 votes
Darren Aronofsky, BLACK SWAN
9.52%
2 votes
Ethan & Joel Coen, TRUE GRIT
66.67%
14 votes
David Fincher, THE SOCIAL NETWORK
9.52%
2 votes
Tom Hooper, THE KING'S SPEECH
0%
0 votes
David O. Russell, THE FIGHTER
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

And the nominees are...

Darren Aronofsky, Black Swan

Joel & Ethan Coen, True Grit

David Fincher, The Social Network

Tom Hooper, The King's Speech

David O. Russell, The Fighter

Who gets your vote? Who was snubbed?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'll be pulling for the Coen brothers for True Grit but in reality King's Speech or Black Swan will most likely take home the award.

I'm surprised to NOT see Chris Nolan.
Ditto. I figured he'd at least get a token nod there. Though I'm more surprised that Inception didn't garner a nomination for editing.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think The King's Speech will win best picture but Fincher will take this one. Also surprised Nolan didn't get nominated.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think the Coen's should be here, instead I would have chosen Nolan.

I think Fincher is going to walk away with the award.

Suspect's Reviews

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I don't think the Coen's should be here, instead I would have chosen Nolan.

I think Fincher is going to walk away with the award.
That is exactly what I think. I cannot believe the Coens are here over Nolan. Hmmm.... I wonder why.

As to Fincher, he took a rather ordinary story (imo) and turned it into a very compelling film. He should win.

Nolan should have probably made the nomination over Hooper. Fincher will win it, as he should. He made me interested in a movie had had no interest in

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
WHERE IS NOLAN?!!!!

I voted for Fincher, even though I haven't seen the Social Network.

A system of cells interlinked
Nolan's better than those five and we all know it. I picked Hopper.
Better than the Coen Brothers? Hardly.

Still, this guy keeps getting handed a **** sandwich by the Academy... he at least should have been nominated.

Also, it's Hooper, not Hopper.

I think The King's Speech will win best picture but Fincher will take this one.
Same.

I think Fincher is easily the best here, the only one with both control (unlike Black Swan) and inspiration (unlike all the others).

Better than the Coen Brothers? Hardly.

Still, this guy keeps getting handed a **** sandwich by the Academy... he at least should have been nominated.

Also, it's Hooper, not Hopper.
I'm gonna disagree here Sedai. Despite Nolan making less films, his films have had more impact on the film audience than The Coens had.

I also think he should have been nominated and thanks for the correction.