Appreciate the Works of a MoFo!

Tools    

I'm not trying to criticize this thread or its purpose, but personally I don't get how "appreciation" can be satisfying if you have to ask for it to get it.
Well it was nice to finally get a comment on my review

I'm not trying to criticize this thread or its purpose, but personally I don't get how "appreciation" can be satisfying if you have to ask for it to get it.
You are not really asking for it, really.

People in here agrees to read it, to check it out. They have accepted themselves into this thread, therefore I wouldn't exactly say it's "asking for it". The group consists of people who are just as much willing to comment/rep/read something you have done, as they are to do something themselves, and have that read by others. It's a mutual relationship... Comment on something made by others, or get a comment on something made by you.

I don't know what else to do, all I want is create more discussion... Right now though, the discussion seems to lie with this thread and its purpose and how it's a dumb idea... I'd wish it was with all the great work out there on the forum instead...

I have to return some videotapes.
And joining here means you'd rep more people and comment more. Usually the people that comment on more peoples' threads get the most reps/replies.

This thread = thread of the year without a doubt.

too many hilarious post everywhere hahahah

You are not really asking for it, really.

People in here agrees to read it, to check it out. They have accepted themselves into this thread, therefore I wouldn't exactly say it's "asking for it". The group consists of people who are just as much willing to comment/rep/read something you have done, as they are to do something themselves, and have that read by others. It's a mutual relationship... Comment on something made by others, or get a comment on something made by you.
I get that people like recognition, but if the ony way to get it is creating a group of people that promise to rep each other and respond to each other's posts, I personally think it comes across as a bit "forced" and even fake.

If people just keep creating interesting content, I'm sure they'll eventually get the appreciation they deserve on this forum (or somewhere else) and at least the praise will then be genuine, natural and truthful.

Just my two cents.

I get that people like recognition, but if the ony way to get it is creating a group of people that promise to rep each other and respond to each other's posts, I personally think it comes across as a bit "forced" and even fake.

If people just keep creating interesting content, I'm sure they'll eventually get the appreciation they deserve on this forum (or somewhere else) and at least the praise will then be genuine, natural and truthful.

Just my two cents.
This site technically doesn't need the 'rep factor'. Just as long as people converse, respond and notice what people contribute to this site, and people contribute things that others can relate to....than that should be the only thing that counts.

The fact that people are 'given rep' just adds a somewhat bonus that makes others feel good in a way. Though it doesn't add on to a person's reputation, since everyone's reputation doesn't rely on just what they post in a forum.

Rep is not the important thing, really, I'm talking more commenting, discussing. Just trying to shine more light on the hard work of some of these members on here.

I actually think people do pretty good at repping and commenting or whatever, but there is room for improvement. And in no way is it "forced" imo, because, again, I'm not talking "look here, rep this!" scenario. It's more a way of linking to something you think you worked hard one, and then get a response in return.

Anyways...

I'm tired of defending this thread and the good spirited idea of helping and appreciating others. That's all it was. F*ck the thread, f*ck how it looks, f*ck if it doesn't run smoothly atm... I just want people to focus on the point...

Whatever...

This is my last post in response to people not digging the idea.

Instead of whoring out for reps, don't worry about them. I think the most reps on a review of mine is 4. I've seen posts of only a short paragraph saying something like "Tarantino is awesome amirite???" get that many. There's no need to be bothered or jealous of any of it. If you're that worried about getting reps for everything, you're talking about movies for the wrong reason (Hint: 99% of the time the right reason is that movies are something you enjoy and it's fun for you to do). Reps are a bonus, not the goal. MM should realize that and see that having an official club with a members list is kind of pointless, and everybody bashing him should realize that and see that nothing in this thread is harming anybody. I'd like to think that this thread is really about promoting comments, which are deserved for things that people worked hard on and are a million times more meaningful (and 3 million times more helpful) than reps anyway.

AGAIN...

I WANT DISCUSSION, COMMENTS...

NOT REP. F*CK THE REP. SCREW THE REP.

To me, rep doesn't mean much, other than I know people have seen it.

I want discussion, I want people to read it and be like "good review, how did you feel about the ending?" and I could respond and we could have a discussion on the film and have some more fun around here... That's it.

MovieMeditation, you need MovieMedication.

TAKE A CHILL PILL!!!!

AGAIN...

I WANT DISCUSSION, COMMENTS...

NOT REP. F*CK THE REP. SCREW THE REP.

To me, rep doesn't mean much, other than I know people have seen it.

I want discussion, I want people to read it and be like "good review, how did you feel about the ending?" and I could respond and we could have a discussion on the film and have some more fun around here... That's it.
I give you rep for that you deserved it

MovieMeditation, you need MovieMedication.

TAKE A CHILL PILL!!!!
I didn't have my meditation session today.

Okay here we go... *breahting in*... 1,2,3... *blowing out*.

I'm calm again.

But one second, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE SEXY, I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT!!!

I'm here because I want my posts appreciated.

The posts I'm making in here, that is.

So, sign me up if that does it.

I'm here because I want my posts appreciated.

The posts I'm making in here, that is.

So, sign me up if that does it.
You are never committed to anything you sign up to.

I ban you from this thread! Death by exile!

Oh, come on, M&Ms. Let's be fair. If you had only waited a week, this would be my thread. I would have thought of it and made it. It's half my thread because of that.

Your point has been made.

Now the group will vote on the matter. We must discuss this in great detail, it will not be an easy decision.

ALL FOR SEXY, SAY AY!