Affleck in Rehab

Tools    

I just read that Ben Affleck has entered rehab for help with an alcohol problem. I'm sad to hear that Affleck has a drinking problem, but I'm glad he's getting help for it.

Yeah, it's a real shame. I've a lot of time for Ben Affleck. He's actually quite a good actor, not just famous for being good looking (Leonardo DeCapuccino - are you listening?).

Great in Shakespeare in Love:

"What is the play, and what is my part?"

Does the arrogance brilliantly.

Good in Dogma too.

Dicaprio's just as good, if not better an actor than Affleck. Watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape, then watch Titanic, and tell me he doesn't have range. Affleck's decent in Bounce and Chasing Amy, but I HATED Reindeer Games and Pearl Harbor. But alas.

DiCaprio with RANGE? Wha? The range argument only works if the movies you list are movies in which he fits in well. Simply being IN two very different movies does not mean you have range. You have to do well in both of them. He was horrible for all of Titanic, save for one scene.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's kinda hard to see Leo not as a retard after seeing Gilbert Grape. Affleck is a decent actor. It's nice to know that he's not as perfect as some people build themselves up to be. It's also good to see he's getting help. Hopefully, he won't be another Downey Jr, and make rehab home sweet home. If all goes well then it will be good to see Ben's presence back on the big screen before too long.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Since this isn't a Titanic thread nor a Leo Dicaprio one, I'm not going to argue over his performance in that film. In any case, look at his perfromance in the otherwise dreadful Basketball Diaries. He's terrific, and plays a completely different character than Arnie from Gilberg Grape. Actually, I would have loved to have seen him play Tobey Maguire's character in the Cider House Rules, because he would have been phenomenal. That was a great movie, by the way.

Affleck in Shakespeare in Love:

"Shutup, and you will witness how genius creates a legend."

LOL that's a great line! I love that movie.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I just read this thread. That is so damn funny that Affleck is in re-hab. That's almost as good as that backstreet boy that went into re-hab. Don't get me wrong he's an OK actor. I do have to agree with Steve that Leo is the better actor for the simple fact that "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" is one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen done.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Hahaha, you know his name!

I'll admit I laughed when I hear that guy went into rehab, but not for Affleck though.

And Leo is a much better actor.

It's almost eerie the way life imitates art. In Bounce Affleck's character went into rehab for drinking. Never thought Ben would go through the same thing in life.

Oh and Ben is much better than Leonardo DiCRAPio.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You have to wonder what kinda therapy they use on celebs in rehab. Do they use Kathie Lee's CD as a kinda shock therapy??? If that's the case is that why Robert Downey Jr keeps going back for more?

It is sad that so many actors and actresses are in rehab now a days, but it's a good thing that they are at least able to tell when they have a problem and that they need help.

I have to wonder if that's true, though: how many of them really come forward? Some just binge and binge and then die one day...Chris Farley was like that, unless I'm mistaken. He may have been in some sort of rehab, but I haven't heard of any. I wonder how many people really need to go into rehab...it'd be interesting to compare it to the number of those who actually do.

I saw pictures of chris farley dead on the floor of his house. there was froth on his mouth. Wasnt he drug overdosed? His house was a mess & he looked awful & his clothes were half off.

If a man's got a problem with the sauce then he'd better get help. It's certainly not fuuny that Affleck needed rehab but nor should we feel any more sympathy for him than say a homeless drunk on the street. To be honest I've got more sympathy for the homeless, none of them starred in Pearl Harbour! Good Luck to Affleck - and tell Bruckheimer to f@@@ off... Dazed and Confused is a distant memory and I'm still Chasing Amy!

I hope he recovers soon. I have a lot of sympathy for him -- but at the same time, I recognize that he messed up. Despite what some people say, I don't think of alcoholism as a disease, as much as a weakness. Hopefully he'll get over it soon...I know a lot of people on here don't like his work much, but I think he's a great actor.

Just imagine what it would be like to go threw all of this in the public's eye. I feel bad for the guy...and hope that he recovers fast.

Steve

Those who have talked to him say he's doing great. He was smart enough to realize he had a problem before it got to be too late to take care of it and he went in to nip it in the bud.

I think he's going to turn out just fine.