NY Lottery draws the same exact Take 5 numbers two drawings in a row!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the NY Lottery, there are two drawings every day for the Take 5 Lottery, one midday drawing and one evening drawing. In each drawing players pick 5 numbers and try to match the 5 numbers that are picked in that drawing.

On Thursday Oct 27th, the exact same 5 numbers were picked in both the midday and the
evening drawings. The numbers 18, 21, 30, 35, and 36 were picked during both the midday and evening drawings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ny...ow/ar-AA13uSpz

According to the New York Post, the odds on that happening are 1 in 331 billion.

What's even stranger is that in the midday drawing, nobody picked all 5 numbers correctly, but in the evening drawing, 52 people picked all 5 numbers correctly.

https://www.nylottery.org/take-5/results/10-27-2022

On average, only 1 or 2 people pick all 5 correct numbers, but on the same day that this unlikely event happened, 52 people picked the numbers correctly for the second drawing. This means that while most winners would normally receive thousands of dollars for winning, these 52 people only won about $715 each.

Does anyone else think this sounds fishy?

Presumably you can buy tix for the evening draw after the midday one has been announced? Wouldn't surprise me at all that 52 people play the same set of numbers that were drawn earlier thinking that they'd be the only ones crazy enough to do so on the off-chance they come out again.

As to whether or not it might be fishy - anything's possible in randomland (that's not the fillum that won the Oscar in case anyone is confuddled), that's supposed to be the nature of the beast. It's also perfectly possible that human error played a role - I guess we'll only find out when Spielberg makes the movie in a couple of years

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Presumably you can buy tix for the evening draw after the midday one has been announced? Wouldn't surprise me at all that 52 people play the same set of numbers that were drawn earlier thinking that they'd be the only ones crazy enough to do so on the off-chance they come out again.

As to whether or not it might be fishy - anything's possible in randomland (that's not the fillum that won the Oscar in case anyone is confuddled), that's supposed to be the nature of the beast. It's also perfectly possible that human error played a role - I guess we'll only find out when Spielberg makes the movie in a couple of years

It just seems strange to me that so many people would play the least likely numbers to be picked.

But if Spielberg ever does make a movie about this, I'm looking forward to seeing the behind the scenes documentary about it to find out the real story.

It just seems strange to me that so many people would play the least likely numbers to be picked.

But if Spielberg ever does make a movie about this, I'm looking forward to seeing the behind the scenes documentary about it to find out the real story.
I’m still jealous of the guy from New York State who has won $10 million twice in 3 years.