30 Rock

Tools    

Why would Liz set herself up at the beginning of ep 22 by calling the redefining of her life "Lizbinism"? Liz' sitcom theme song was very funny though. The beginning of the end of Jack and Avery was definitely on display this episode. Can't believe Jonathan thought Jack would do something for him on Secretary's Day. The thing with Liz and the bag and tree was already stupid but it completely tanked when the bag started talking back to Liz. , "Was Dot Com standing that gay?" Impressive cameo by Condoleeza Rice...was she really playing the piano?. Margaret Cho was funny and the wink to Glengarry Glen Ross for the tag was on target.

The strange attraction of Jack and Kenneth, Jenna's new job as the face of wool, and Liz' fantasy summer made up for a pretty twisted season five finale. Victor Garber was very funny as the president of wool. Loved Jack's 2nd dinner with Kenneth...he was really looking at Kenneth like he was Avery. Kenneth's impersonation of Avery was dead on funny, maybe the show's funniest moment. "Give Mommy some beard!" Pretty solid season finale.

Loved when Jack referred to his daughter in the 6th season opener as "a little human tumbler of scotch." Not sure why Kenneth thinks the world is going to end. Loved Liz' dickie. John McEnroe was really funny and Jenna was funny as hell trying to be nice with the kids. I find that guy playing Dfwan really annoying though. Jack's daughter is the cutest damned thing I have ever seen. Only Jack would be unable to hear his daughter say Mommy. The explanation for Liz' bizarre behavior was a great payoff. Didn't really get Kenneth and the writing staff on Coney Island.

Loved Criss' gift to Liz of a gender neutral doll for the opening of ep 2. Liz should have known better to ask a street full of gay men if she was pulling that hat off, Why is Jack so upset that Liz didn't tell him about Criss? OK, what does Jenna have against Jenny McCarthy? Jack's spirit visiting Liz and Criss during pancakes and Kelsey Grammer's James Bond parody at the closing were both brilliant.

Didn't realize until ep 3 that Jack wrote the $10000 check to Criss; loved why Criss wasn't able to tear up Jack's check. Denise Richards was a riot...nice to see that she could laugh at herself. So these idiots were responsible for the [i]Entourage[/I movie? Loved that Liz' apology speech was written on an etch-a-sketch. The return of Will Arnett as Devin Banks was gold, as always. I like that Criss doesn't care about Jack's approval. but I have a feeling it's not going to matter down the line. Kelsey Grammer provided another perfect end of show button.

The opening of ep 4 was very funny. That fake trailer for Jenna's new movie was a riot. I never noticed it until this episode, but the friendship between Jenna and Liz is really falling apart and they seem to be turning Jenna into a total villain. "You just bought Kareem Abdul Jabar's bones...and he's not even dead!" Loved that pamphlet in the fantasy "Are you there God, it's me, Improv." So glad Jack stopped Kenneth from his rendition of "John Henry." Jenna cracked me up when she actually tried to see the back of her neck. The computer replacing the pages called "Not Kenneth" was great...Jack is so mean. Liz' encounter with the sex and the City knockoffs was a riot. Liz and Amy were inspired. Loved Jack calling Kenneth a "thumb with a wig."

Just watched ep 5. Loved Liz renegotiating her contract with the help of Jack's video. Glad she finally fired that wimpy Simon, what a ridiculous character hope we've seen the last of him. Loved when Liz and Jack were waiting for each other to speak first. "Jack Donaghy playing with himself...it's a Jack off." Tracy and Jenna were hysterical at Adam's Bar Mitzvah and loved Zach Grenier as Adam's father. Not crazy about Rachel, but loved when they imposed her image in that episode of Law and Order. Jack doing both sides of the negotiation was genius. "Nobody beats the Liz!" "He's a white man with hair, Lemon, sky's the limit."

That song James Marsden sang to Liz at the opening of Ep 6, the first hour long ep, BTW, cracked me up. That childhood flashback of pre-teen Liz on Valentine's was also very funny. Loved Liz' impression of Marie Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond. "But as you know, the haunted house business is a real boys' club." Mary Steenburgen, an actress who is incapable of a bad performance, was terrific as Avery's mother. Jack at the UN...what the hell? The Billy Bush cutaway totally worked. Frank and Tracy giving Lutz advice on Valentine's Day...knew no good could come of that. Criss and Liz at Ikea was kind of funny. OMG, what happened to Jenna's voice, that was fabulous! Is Jack really going to get involved with Avery's mother? Chris Parnell scores again as the goofy doctor. Fey and Marsden nailed that big fight scene at Ikea. Kristen Schaal's Hazel redefines annoying. "My taxes are paying for your healthcare...do a situp!" Lutz' encounter with the mailwoman was a riot. Loved Pete's cutaway to young archery champion. "The last six years has been like watching Moonlighting." Don't really get why Liz felt she needed to apologize to Criss. Ruined Liz and Criss' makeup scene by inserting Hazel in the middle. Oh man, how did Jenna make a nemesis out of Abigail Breslin. Please keep Hazel away from Liz and then let her be hit by a bus.

Loved the Annie Prostitute at the beginning of ep 7. Can't believe Liz referenced GHOSTBUSTERS 2. Steve Buscemi's cutaway was hysterical. Liz getting a seat on the subway was also hysterical. "Normaling in public? You delicious whore." Jack running for mayor? That could be rich with comic possibilities. "I've always wanted to say that and I can't believe I wasted it on you." "NYC" in spanish? Odd little episode.

Just watched ep 8...loved Liz playing Rolf in The Sound of Music; love that Liz had a past with an internet billionaire. Loved Kenneth's Leap Day William costume...he looked like the Monopoly Guy, minus the monacle. Loved Jim Carrey and Andie McDowell in the leap Day movie. Happened to notice that Steve Buscemi directed this episode. Only Jack would miss the implications of that press conference. I liked that Liz called Criss before taking on the indecent proposal. After everything they've been through, how dare Tracy refer to Dot Com as his "imaginary friend." That looked like Tony winner John Cullum playing the real Leap Day William. Jack and Kenneth's take on A Christmas Carol was awesome. Watching Tracy feed all those homeless people almost redeemed the character has done in six seasons.

Just watched ep 9...wow..Tony winner Patti Lupone and Oscar winner Susan Sarandon appearing within the first 30 seconds! Jenna's cutaway to her cop series was great. Ony Liz would compare pasta to IKEA. Lupone did make the perfect smothering mother to Frank though. Kenneth had me on the floor in that leisure suit. Stanley Tucci was also funny and looked fantastic. Can you really taste a teardrop on a meatball? The Jack/Kenneth story started out OK, but eventually fell flat, but it was still a pretty funny episode.

After watching the Emmys the other night, I realized how much amazing television there is out there that I have no clue about and I think I've spent enough time posting about a show that has been off the air for awhile. I actually started this because I wanted to see the first three seasons, which I didn't see in prime time and I have done that so I won't be watching the rest of this show, because it's time for me to move on to other shows that I became curious about during the Emmys. I hope what I have posted about this show will motivate those who've never seen it to check it out, but it's time for me to move on. Hope someone out there enjoyed my look at 30 Rock.