Baby Driver (2017)

→ in
Tools    

Baby Driver (2017)
Genre : Action-Crime / Director : Edgar Wright / Stars : Ansel Elgort, Lily James, Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey, Eiza Gonzalez, Jon Hamm

If you’re looking for a recent film with many action scenes, good music, well-known young actors and whose plot is different from what you usually see, then you’ll love Baby Driver.

This film follows the story of Baby, a young gateway driver who’s forced to work for Doc, a criminal master specialized in bank robbery in order to pay his debts. Just when Baby thinks he’s finally free from this job and more than ready to begin a new life with his new love-interest Debora, Doc threats him to come back for another job. Baby finds himself working in a team with psychotic killers on a mission that puts not only his life in danger but also Debora’s. The film is located in the USA.

The style is a real breath of fresh hair. When I went to see this film, I certainly didn’t except anything spectacular. We already get into the mood with the beginning of the film. Baby, the main character, is really good at driving and shows it in the first scene. The thing I liked the most was how they managed to put the music. When Baby was a child, he was involved in a car accident which damaged his hearing. Since then he keeps hearing a continuous sound. In order not to hear that noise and to stay focused on everyday life, he always listens to songs through his earphones so every scene in the film is filled with music and it gives the impression that the actors’ movements are synchronized with the soundtrack. The acting is really good, all the characters are diversified. They may seem a little cliché and annoying sometimes but you never except what’s happening. Plus the director of this film, Edgar Wright, is a well-known director. He’s made many successful films (the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, Scott Pilgrim...). If you know him and you like his style, you’ll add Baby Driver to the list of your favourite films.
Now that you’ve read this, you know what you have to do!

I liked Baby Driver quite a bit. I'd give it a solid
. I don't agree that it has anything that's really different than a good number of Heisty type flicks. Its got your typical 'good guy' and your typical 'bad guys'. The music was terrific tho. I've already listened to the soundtrack many, many times.

Bell bottoms! Bell bottoms!

It is a thriller wrote and directed by Edgar Wright featuring Ansel Elgort, Lily James and Jamie Foxx this one having been awarded for the Oscar of best actor in 2005.

"Baby" is the nickname given to the best and fastest driver of Atlanta. Sadly, he is forced to use his skills to repay his debt to a criminal who leads crews of robbers. However, the day he falls in love with a waitress who is living a quiet life, he decides to quit his criminal activities despite becoming the target of his old partners in crime.

I certainly enjoyed this film not only for its catchy soundtracks but also for its fascinating leading actor. The storyline is built on his side so we follow the film through his way of living the latter being quite original. I was also charmed by the set which reminds the eighties style mixed with modernity.

I'd recommend you to go and see it especially if you are a fan of action and car chase; you won't be disappointed as it fits with the main theme of this modern version of Bonnie and Clyde : escaping.

There is an episode of Tales from the Crypt wherein the protagonist’s conscience sounds just like – and is played by – Sam Kinison. OH! OH! AAAUGH! This is only slightly worse than tinnitus but still slightly better than Baby Driver, the story of an idiot savant who is the best getaway driver in Atlanta – with the caveat that he needs to listen to his iPod; when at the mercy of FM radio, Baby (Ansel Elgort) becomes Tyrone from Snatch. Baby suffers from tinnitus. To drown out the ringing in his ears, Baby constantly listens to music – which is like putting out a fire with gasoline – even when fleeing at full speed from the scene of a crime. Right. Children, do not play loud music on your headphones while driving a vehicle.

Baby is in love with a waitress named Deborah. The coffee shop where Deborah works must be worse than the Carson McCullers’s Sad Café; how else can you explain her piss-poor decision-making? Deborah has no problem running away with a guy who 1) she practically just met, 2) like Cameron Diaz's brother in There's Something About Mary, loses his sh*t when someone touches his precious earphones, 3) associates freely with criminals, 4) is himself a criminal, 5) has “every clean and dirty cop” after him, and 6) constantly puts her in danger (Deborah is willing to wait five years for Baby to get out of jail. She had to make a living somehow during that time, so I guess the cafeteria wasn't so bad after all).

Maybe it's true that women like “bad boys” – which Baby most certainly is, regardless of how innocent the movie wants us to think he is. During the third act Baby is directly or indirectly responsible for four deaths; almost five when he uses Deborah as bait to distract the psychopathic Buddy (Jon Hamm). And speaking of psychos, Bats (Jamie Foxx) is basically Motherf*cker Jones from Horrible Bosses on crack – in spite of which he is the only sensible character in the film (“The driver must be the eyes and ears, not just the eyes”).

On the plus side, there is an admittedly funny moment concerning a discussion about the difference between a Halloween (as in the horror film) mask and a Mike Myers mask. Moreover, Kevin Spacey is a delight as always, and to no one’s surprise he and Foxx have the best lines – or at least the best delivery.

i turned it off after 30 mins because i felt like there was too much music in it and not much else going on,its really bad to be honest