Battlebots

Tools    

Has anyone else here watch Battlebots? I like to watch it sometimes. It's a good show and those people have created some great robots.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I watch this show all the time. I think it rules. If i had the resources I would build one in a second.

That show is one of the coolest of all time. My dad and brother and I watch it and LOVE it. My stepmother watches it to, she thinks it's funny when we go "whoooaaaaa, it busted in two!", etc.

The commentators are pretty dang funny too - I guess that's how they "get away" with putting it on Comedy Central.

Can someone please explain the concept of the show.

It's a show where people make remote-controlled robots with saws and axes and other big dangerous things on them. Then they put them in this arena with all kinds of obstecales - they beat each other up with their weapons, but some are just small fast boxes without weapons - all kinds usually try to push each other into the obstecales.

They have tournaments and such, the judges decide the winner. It's amazingly cool!

Does anyone here have a favorite robot? I usually have trouble remembering all the names so I can't really say right now. Although there was this one robot that spun around really fast, I think its name was Mauler or something like that. Anyways, what is your favorite robot so far?

Yup - Mauler has that blade that spins at its sides - it got messed up by the kill saws in the last match I saw though - still a great bot.

Vlad the Impaler is easily the best. I like Mechadon - it's a giant metal spider - it sucks, but it's cool looking.

Yeah, I also like Vlad the Impaler. What was the name of the one that won the light-weight title? I'm pretty sure that it was Backlash, but I could be wrong. Could someone help me out?

No idea - I don't really remember. Comedy Central had a mini-marathon today with at least 3 episodes in a row - might have been more, but that's what I saw. Great stuff - all re-runs of course, though.

Vlad's the defending heavyweight champ - the last episode of the three showed him winning over Punjar to advance to the finals again!

I think it was Backlash. That was an awesome robot. My favorite would be Minion probably. It's funny how much I want to build one of these things. I have detailed drawings of all of the one I want to build.

Same here - I'd love to build one, but don't have any of the technical knowledge necessary. I think if I could get someone to help with the techinal side, we could build a majorly cool bot. I can't stand the big slow ones with one big pickaxe on top - don't they even WATCH the show/other bots at all?

I know the basic technical knowledge. I use to build little robots out of erector set all the time. And I made a hovercraft out of an egg carton and a hair dryer, but I have no where near the abilitys to make one worth entering. I'm sure I'll start to make a little one with my friends though.

Oh and I hate those guys who build the robots who could not possibly win. Did anyone see that one with the wooden block on the end of a pole??

It didn't! The little one had this tiny pickaxe though that was fast as heck - it got in something like 112 total "Pecks" in the end - a total blowout victory.

It looks like the new season of Battlebots will start on December 12.

So, did anyone watch the show last night. All three of the fights were good, but I liked the first one (with Ziggo and Scrap Daddy) the best. I sure like to see robots get torn apart.