2018 - 6
2017 - 3
2016 - 3
2015 - 4
2014 - 3
2013 - 1
2012 - 2
2011 - 1

5 - neo-noirs(although all of them are different styles)
4 - documentaries
3 - "super hero films"
3 - animated films
3 - science fiction films
3 - coming of age films
2 - horror films
2 - period pieces

Lowest RT - 59%
Highest RT - 99%(and really should have made the sight and sound poll now that I think about it)

Hm someone inadvertently gave me an idea. The sub-countdown. So every countdown there is a sub-category where people can submit their list of 5 and a top 25 is announced after or before, or heck even during when a film from the sub-countdown shows up in the main countdown.. These can be goofy or serious but also totally random or planned out and voted on. This would have to be under the main countdown. For example the 2010s we are doing now could have a sub-countdown for 2010-2019 films with both comedy and romance as imdb tags. Or French thrillers from 2010-2019. Or we could even have a countdown of mini countdowns where they're all announced concurrently.

Just some ideas. I know we usually don't talk about this until after but I was just thinking about it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The truth is in here
Posting statistics is pretty addictive, it seems.

2010: 6
2014: 5
2019: 3
2011: 3
2013: 3
2012: 2
2015: 2
2018: 1

Longest movie: 153 minutes
Shortest movie: 70 minutes

Movies where tears were wept: 6
Movies eliticing lots of laughter: 10 (Fun fact: One of them is not a comedy.)

Written and directed by the same person: 15 (A lot more than I was expecting)

My ballot by countries (lots of multi-national productions, but I think these are the primary countries):

Austria
Canada x 2
Czech Republic
Germany
Indonesia
Ireland
Japan
Mexico
Netherlands
South Korea x 2
Spain
UK x 2
USA x 10

There should actually be one less USA and one additional country with one entry, but I forgot (at least) one film.
Let's add some more statistics.

By year (according to Letterboxd):

2010 - 4
2011 - 1
2012 - 2
2013 - 1
2014 - 2
2015 - 2
2016 - 3
2017 - 4
2018 - 3
2019 - 3

IMDb:
Lowest - 5.6
Highest - 8.1

RT:
Lowest - 29%
Highest - 100%

Black and White: 2

I wear my "likes" on my sleeve so if I post the countries of the foreign films from my list, people will immediately guess which films they are

My shortest one is 82 minutes, my longest one is 153.

What the hey...

by Genre:
Drama - 9
Science Fiction - 1
Fantasy - 1
Comedy - 7
Comicbook - 1
Mocumentary - 2
Documentary (like) - 3
War - 1

by Year
2010 - 1
2011 - 3
2012 - 1
2013 - 1
2014 - 2
2015 - 4
2016 - 3
2017 - 4
2018 - 4
2019 - 2

English - 21
Other - 4

Since we were talking a while ago about directors that could possibly get two or more films in, did any of you repeat directors? I wasn't even thinking about that when I submitted, but just realized I have two entries from one director, almost back-to-back.

Since we were talking a while ago about directors that could possibly get two or more films in, did any of you repeat directors? I wasn't even thinking about that when I submitted, but just realized I have two entries from one director, almost back-to-back.
I have 3 films by one director and 2 films by another directing pair.

I've never understood the one movie per director rule that some people use to determine their ballots, since its the individual movies we're supposed to be ranking, not the people that made them.

That said, by chance I don't think I had any repeating directors, though there were some that came close.

I've never understood the one movie per director rule that some people use to determine their ballots, since its the individual movies we're supposed to be ranking, not the people that made them.

That said, by chance I don't think I had any repeating directs, though there were some that came close.
I agree. Just thought it would be interesting to know, since the topic was brought up recently.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

That said, by chance I don't think I had any repeating directors, though there were some that came close.
Don't believe I repeated a director either, but I'm totally baffled that some do that too.

my top 4 are all from the same director lmao.

Absolutely repeating director's' in my list.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The iMDB rating thing is interesting. Wondering if I can have some automated fun with that...

Just create an IMDB list with your list. There's probably a lot of other cool things you can deduce from the Advanced Search.

It would be funny if the top 100 is just the poster on the first post
Yeah and the ballot submission tool actually turns out to be little more than a means for Yods and Speling to shake their heads and issue silent 'tuts' to each other

(98.4716% sure it won't and it isn't)

2010 - 4
2011 - 2
2012 - 2
2013 - 2
2014 - 3
2015 - 3
2016 - 2
2017 - 3
2018 - 2
2019 - 2

Action- 6
Comedy- 6
Horror- 5
Superhero- 6
Thriller - 2

USA - 25
Other Countries - 0

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

My current ballot (which will probably be my final ballot) has only two films from the same director. I don't understand the one director rule either.