Is Joe Rogan the Johnny Carson of The Internet?

Tools    

Guy offered his platform to prominent anti vaxxers at a time when thousands of unvaccinated were dying in the US every day.

Absolute scum, blood on his hands.
Hate to tell you this but those shots didn't stop anything. In fact I work in healthcare every time those boosters go out the covid halls pop back up. I don't think they do much but give the virus to people. I got covid once two years ago, did nothing to me. Never got jabbed, almost lost my job, haven't gotten it again since. And I've literally dealt with 1000s of covid PTs now. But all my co workers who got the jab keep getting covid. I'm just going with my eyes buddy not Rogan or the paid off media.

Now Rogan had the most published doc in the world on and the doc who had a hand in inviting this technology (I don't call it vaccines because it's not, it's an experimental gene therapy). He absolutely had a right to have these people on to talk about this stuff because there are alternative treatments, Joe being a person who took the alternatives and got immediately better.

Now idgaf if anyone wants to take the jabs. God bless. But trying to mandate these things is were I get furious. Big Phrama and government and mainstream media are obviously in cahoots. I don't find Rogan's stand up all that funny. But to say Rogan has blood on his hands is ridiculous. Big Pharma and government have more blood on their hands for forcing ppl to take this stuff.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Also about Rogan. Like I said I don't find his stand up that great, never actually seen much of it. I usually don't care about most his podcast. He is undoubtably a great interviewer though. People feel real on there. It's why he has basically killed network shows like Kimmel or Ellen etc. I cringe watching those interviews now. It's all fluffy and artificial. You can't deny his influence either. Everyone has started a podcast now, Obamas, Markle etc.

I usually always give his podcasts at least a chance. He has introduced me to some of my favorite comedians Normand, Dillon, Schulz etc. He has done some of my favorite interviews. Him and Peterson's first pod is still my favorite podcast, whatever you think of Peterson the first one was great.

He changed things. His influence is undeniable.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hate to tell you this but those shots didn't stop anything.
The vaccine massively reduced the chance of hospitalization, death and long covid.

In fact I work in healthcare
What is it specifically that you do?

every time those boosters go out the covid halls pop back up
Covid halls? I don't know what that is, is that like a ward that we have here in the UK?

I don't think they do much but give the virus to people.
You work in healthcare and you actually believe the vaccine is giving people Covid? Can you elaborate further?

I got covid once two years ago, did nothing to me.
Great, for the majority of otherwise healthy/younger people the effects are minimal. Unfortunately a great number of Americans have health problems that make them very vulnerable to the virus.

But all my co workers who got the jab keep getting covid.
Good thing they're vaccinated then otherwise you might have less co workers, and the vaccine doesn't stop you getting covid, it reduced the effect.

I'm just going with my eyes buddy not Rogan or the paid off media.
You're going with your own extremely small sample size and ignoring the professionals (scientists not media).

Now Rogan had the most published doc in the world on and the doc who had a hand in inviting this technology (I don't call it vaccines because it's not, it's an experimental gene therapy). He absolutely had a right to have these people on to talk about this stuff because there are alternative treatments, Joe being a person who took the alternatives and got immediately better.
Which doctor is that? Joe being a relatively fit man in his 50s probably had more to do with it. Alternative remedies are proven to have little to no effect, and in some cases harmful side effects.

Now idgaf if anyone wants to take the jabs. God bless. But trying to mandate these things is were I get furious. Big Phrama and government and mainstream media are obviously in cahoots. I don't find Rogan's stand up all that funny. But to say Rogan has blood on his hands is ridiculous. Big Pharma and government have more blood on their hands for forcing ppl to take this stuff.
Covid vaccine side effects were causing death at a rate of approximately 1 in a million, unvaccinated people in America were dying at a rate of 2000+ per day at one stage over the winter, and the entire anti vaxx movement has blood on their hands, Rogan too even if its just a small part for bringing people on his show with these views.

I don't know that he is, but pre-Spotify he was. Massively influential.

Yet another example of Rogan believing anything he reads on the internet. Here he is making up stories about his friends' teacher wife who's school introduced cat litter trays for children identifying as a cat.

15 days later he admits it was untrue.

Spotify's stock price has dropped 75% in a year.

I heard something about this cat thing. I assume he was joking?
Nope. He really is that dumb.

Rogan is a staggering idiot. He is also a pretty dreadful interviewer. He packs his show with people who are pros at fudging data, taking statistics out of context, playing obviously shallow whataboutism games and other similar kinds of talking points, and he just sits their with his mouth hanging open without the slightest ability to push back on anything because he's too mind blowingly stupid.

The only thing I will give him credit for is he seems like a genuinely curious guy. Which is good. Which, if his brain wasn't so impaired, is what one needs to be a genuinely good interviewer. Unfortunately though, his curiosity just leads him to a place where he brings endless shifty guests on who are there to say whatever explosively contrarian or controversial things they are known for, because he wants to 'hear them out'. Which honestly, fair enough. But because there are so many similar Rogan brains out there who reflexively equate 'controversial' with 'truth' or 'honesty', his probably well intentioned curiosity ends up perpetuating the dumbest and some times most dangerous of talking points. And it is all seemingly directed at an audience who often don't seem to have the critical thinking skills to do anything but let their mouth go agape just like their Daddy Joe. Maybe say 'wow' if they become particularly confused.

Now I don't hate the guy. I actually think he is mostly a genuine person. Dumb, but genuine. But I do hate the bro culture that swarms around him like stink flies. That thinks JRE is a great place to form their opinions (lol) or a place to find rigorous debate of controversial ideas (lol) Dude would just be better laying off the science and the politics and talking strictly to comedians, which is where he isn't completely out of his depth (and might learn how to become a good one in the process)

I'm not a big fan of calling people dumb. Maybe he is, I'm not that familiar with him, but even if I was I don't think I would be qualified to make that judgment. What interests me more, is if he said it out of stupidity or if he made it up. If he made it up, then that's something I am definitely opposed to.

Yet another example of Rogan believing anything he reads on the internet. Here he is making up stories about his friends' teacher wife who's school introduced cat litter trays for children identifying as a cat.
My aunt told this story at a family gathering in August. Now 3 months later it's "his friend's wife"?

Rogan is a staggering idiot.
What's especially frustrating is that after many years as a podcaster, and having been scolded multiple times over dumb s--t like this, he still hasn't learned that when something sounds weird, you should probably check into it before you broadcast it as truth to millions of listeners. In the early days of the internet I was occasionally duped by a bogus email or something but after, like, the second time, I caught on. Rogan is like your aunt on Facebook forwarding stupid memes 24/7, only your aunt doesn't have millions of people listening to her.

Now I don't hate the guy.
I'm starting to get there.

If a time traveler visited me in 2005 and told me that the doctor from Oprah and the hosts of the Apprentice and Fear Factor were going to be major political players 15 years later I would have thought they were lying.

I'm not a big fan of calling people dumb. Maybe he is, I'm not that familiar with him, but even if I was I don't think I would be qualified to make that judgment. What interests me more, is if he said it out of stupidity or if he made it up. If he made it up, then that's something I am definitely opposed to.
Well he definitely made up the part about his friends teacher wife having litter trays in her school because there's no truth to any of it, so what he did is add his own personalised embellishment to something he overheard and wanted to believe.

You ready? You look ready.

15 days later he admits it was untrue.

Spotify's stock price has dropped 75% in a year.

The thing that baffles me with this cat litter hoax is they expect people to believe that a generation that is more connected to the internet than ever just decided to not take any pictures. Like if that was real you can guarantee it would get posted to social media. Some people’s suspension of belief starts with words apparently.

I don't listen to Joe Rogan but I have seen some of his you tube vids and I don't get the uproar. It seems like an extension of the corner tap/pub. Why do people who don't listen to him get so worked up about him sitting down and bullshitting with people for a couple hours? Are folks really under the assumption that he's some kind of journalist and what he does is somehow making a difference? If so, then that's their problem. He's an iffy comedian and an MMA commentator. Looking over his guests, most seem to be pretty uninteresting to me, but harmless and if some of these guests are up your alley have at it. Looking over his podcast page I see a three hour sit down with Anthony Kiedis (nah), Dr. Phil (nah), record producer Rick Rubin (maybe), Roger Waters (okay), a farmer (?), Jann Wenner (Rolling Stone mag founder - nah), Jon Peters (film producer- maybe), Marc Zuckerberg (nah), Dave Mustaine (okay), David Mamet (maybe) and boatloads of comedians and MMA guys. The biggest conspiracy theorist I see on his past episodes is Oliver Stone. It looks like he does venture into Art Bell/UFO territory from time to time but so what? What other outlet is there for people to just sit and bullshit about stuff, uncensored and unedited, for hours? I'll give him credit for giving up and coming comedians a platform to get their name out there that they wouldn't get anywhere else. That's a nobler endeavor, imo.

It seems like people pull snippets out of hours and hours and hours of content to get all puffed up about. Like he's the only person peddling BS. At least you can check out the entire, unedited episodes which is more than you can say for a lot of other interviewers who take hour long interviews, edit them down to nicely polished five or ten minute segments. A bigger problem, as I see it, is developing people with the attention spans of goldfish (tik tok, you tube) and very little, if any, critical thinking skills who believe everything they hear or see on the internet. What happened to our BS detectors? There's probably more BS being spouted now than ever before (thank you World Wide Web) but it's also easier to figure out what's crap and what isn't (thank you World Wide Web). Doing that, unfortunately, takes a wee, tiny bit of effort/time and nobody's got the time or energy for that.

But to answer the question: No, he is not the Johnny Carson of the internet.

Kinda sad that this is largely "crap on Joe Rogan" thread. Love him of hate him, he made long-form podcasts a thing. He freed us from the Twitterization of public discourse. Now there are long-form podcasts all over the place. For that alone, he deserves credit for pioneering the format. Talking heads screaming at each other for five minutes on an legacy media panel doesn't get anyone into any depth on the issues. Joe broke the ice.