Halloween Ends (2022)

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I wasn't big on the 2018 reboot and Halloween Kills is a contender for the worst in the whole franchise so I can't say I'm overly hyped for this one. The idea that this is going to actively address COVID is...intriguing, I suppose.

The idea that this is going to actively address COVID is...intriguing, I suppose.
Wait, what?

Yeah, at least what's this interview with David Gordon Green indicates. Apparently, the idea is that it's going to jump ahead to the present after the last two films took place in 2018 and that'll involve having to acknowledge the pandemic.

No, it looks like the current plan is to wrap up this latest iteration of the series here - I doubt the Halloween franchise will totally stay dead after that, but this should be the last one for a while at least.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
No, it looks like the current plan is to wrap up this latest iteration of the series here - I doubt the Halloween franchise will totally stay dead after that, but this should be the last one for a while at least.

Wait. Say what, again?

I agree, my immediate gut reaction the first time I saw it’s called “Halloween Ends” was, “Come on! Who oversaw that branding? What are they going to do when it… doesn’t?” It’ll look even more silly than usual.

I agree, my immediate gut reaction the first time I saw it’s called “Halloween Ends” was, “Come on! Who oversaw that branding? What are they going to do when it… doesn’t?” It’ll look even more silly than usual.
Pretty much as silly as Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter being the fourth film in a franchise of plus-ten movies, which by the way continued already the year after that film and also had another film with The Final Friday in the title, which then also continued with Jason X after that. And then Freddy vs Jason. And then a remake.

It’s just never-ending with these films, man….

Pretty much as silly as Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter being the fourth film in a franchise of plus-ten movies, which by the way continued already the year after that film and also had another film with The Final Friday in the title, which then also continued with Jason X after that. And then Freddy vs Jason. And then a remake.

It’s just never-ending with these films, man….
Yeah, well that’s exactly my point. They’ll regret that title, mark my words. And no, imo these people are incapable of irony.

Regardless of whether it ends or not, I’ve always found the Halloween franchise rather anticlimactic, and boring, in a way. I’m a huge fan of Jamie Lee Curtis, but a star vehicle this ain’t, imo (not even the original). As for adding more and more self-contradictory retrospective mythology like building blocks, that’s just annoying.
Edit: speaking of real-time market research, I watched Smile on the big screen today. There was a Halloween sequel trailer, of course (I don’t even know which at this point).
Audience reactions:
This is Halloween again.
Another ****ing Halloween movie.
I bet if whoever makes them heard that, they’d think twice.

Absolute trash movies. My contempt for the second one is limitless

I got more respect Halloween H20 and even Halloween: Resurrection than these steaming pile of dog shit movies

Laurie Stride died in Resurrection as far as I’m concerned and these movies don’t exist.

How the hell is Dumb David going to further shit all over it. What a ****ing tosser

Absolute trash movies. My contempt for the second one is limitless

I got more respect Halloween H20 and even Halloween: Resurrection than these steaming pile of dog shit movies

Laurie Stride died in Resurrection as far as I’m concerned and these movies don’t exist.

How the hell is Dumb David going to further shit all over it. What a ****ing tosser
I’m inclined to agree. I’ve only properly seen the original and the recent one with the granddaughter. Didn’t like.

After viewing Halloween 2018 only yesterday I came to the conclusion that the new versions are bad. Hate the Rob Zombie efforts also. For me 1 to 8 are where it all starts and ends but even a few of those are on a slippery road to TV movie hell.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
boo-bee boo-bee boo-bee boo-bee
25 more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!
25 more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!
siiiiilVER SHAM-ROCK!!
boo-bee boo-bee boo-bee boo-bee

and they glow in the dark!!!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear