Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Mid90's (2018)

Quick little coming of age tale that felt very authentic. I could relate to it as I had older teen friends when I was 13. Great work by the cast of mostly unknowns, especially the teens. It's not exploitive or over dramatic, but it is occasionally hilarious. I look forward to Jonah Hill's next project.

Bobby Deerfield (1977)

Lifeless romantic melodrama starring Al Pacino as a racing driver who falls for an enigmatic terminally ill woman. Its pretty hilarious at some of the obviously meant-to-be-profound bits so a few unintentional laughs to he had Just seen Sydney Pollack directed it...well I never!!

I really liked The Farewell. Great performances, and a film that was sensitive to multiple points of view and avoided leaning toward there being a "right" answer in a complex situation.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Fast and Furious (2009):

I am a fan of this series myself, and just out of boredom I decided to watch this, good popcorn movie, not everyone’s type of film though
7.5/10

Female Prisoner Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 (1972)

In the first part of the series, our hero and the rest of the girls spend most of the movie in prison. In this second part the gals are on the loose after an escape. It's pretty good but definitely a step down in both action and style. The influence on Tarantino is still apparent. Looking forward to part 3.

Female Prisoner Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 (1972)

In the first part of the series, our hero and the rest of the girls spend most of the movie in prison. In this second part the gals are on the loose after an escape. It's pretty good but definitely a step down in both action and style. The influence on Tarantino is still apparent. Looking forward to part 3.
I've only seen Beast Stable. I quite liked it, but generally speaking this brand of exploitation isn't super my thing. I do have a few movie friends who like them, but out taste doesn't always align.

I've only seen Beast Stable. I quite liked it, but generally speaking this brand of exploitation isn't super my thing. I do have a few movie friends who like them, but out taste doesn't always align.
Beast Stable is part 3 next up for me, heard it was a good one.

The Bed-Sitting Room (1969, first viewing)

This is a film adapted from a stage play.

In an undefined future, a short-lived accidental nuclear war has wiped out most of the population. The film takes place in the UK, and is deliberately surreal. The title comes from the fact that one man is experiencing a side-effect of . . . turning into a bed-sitting room. Another woman turns into a wardrobe.

Yeah, it's a weird one.

The main joke of the film is the way that different characters cling to the patterns of their old lives, even as things go crazy around them. For example, one character insists on knocking on a door . . . even though the door is free-standing in the desert. One family lives on the subway, willfully oblivious to the pregnancy of their daughter.

I have to admit that the film was funnier than I expected. One sequence in particular where a woman falls into a man's home through the ceiling. He begs her to "do what my wife used to do". She agrees--and instantly begins throwing cups at him while he pleads with her that he isn't having an affair. When they "finish", he growls "Get out of here, you slut!". I love the idea that these people are desperate for their "normal", even if that normal wasn't pleasant.

There are numerous other absurdities. A man monitors things from a hot air balloon. An old BBC presented carries around a broken television that he can stand inside to deliver "news". Two characters carry around a nuclear bomb so that they can call themselves a "nuclear power". A single man on a bicycle provides all of the nation's electricity.

I'm not sure about recommending this film. I think many people would find it boring or too off-kilter. But if you enjoy absurdity, there are some really funny line-readings, and the film does actually manage to arrive at a satisfying ending.

[A Patch of Blue]Why only a 2 rating for this movie?
Elizabeth Hartman was stunning in this film as the blind girl. She was so good in just about anything she was ever in. What a shame that her career ended so young at her own hand.

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960)

Id've went higher Fabulous but it's been 20 years since I saw it so that's purely from memory.

Beast Stable is part 3 next up for me, heard it was a good one.
I was skeptical about the series, and Beast Stable was the one that my friends most strongly recommended.

@cricket

Have you seen The Beast in Heat? I have seen a lot of Naziexplotation. I own several on DVD.

No and just looked it up and it sounds good. I will watch!
@cricket

Have I ever lead you down the wrong path?

Have you found Gudsforladt yet?