Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, I've just never heard anyone say anything negative about this movie before...way to stand your ground.
No troubles, find the Coen films hit and miss. All about opinions...but they managed to get a TV series out of Fargo so I'll admit minority on this one

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008) - 7.5/10. What a wonderfully crafted documentary. The story is quite touching and jarring at the same. Emotional too! Human depravity probably has no limits. A recommended viewing this one.
Reading the synopsis and facts behind this story...holy hell I need to watch this

Minority Report: 9/10

Reading the synopsis and facts behind this story...holy hell I need to watch this

You can find it on tubi.tv for free.

The Force Awakens (3/10).

A film about the existential inevitability of war and conflict even while in the realm of the vast cosmos and time while juxtaposing the social structures of genre epic fantasy, pop culture and space operatic themes, yet it falls short of its intent due to the derivative nature of its characters, settings and archetypes resulting in an ironic shallowness and colourful yet inauthentic story arcs which subsequently distills the saga into the inevitable realm of reboot rather than sequel which is unfortunate given the predicable size of the audience, the wealth of the canon, and of course the proportion of the investments, in terms of both fan expectation and money which predictably has led to a veritable avalanche of (unsubstantiated, granted) accusations regarding the incorruptibility of the critic superstructure in the face of the overarching Disney media juggernaut and all that might imply, while even if this effect is subconscious - much can be said about the effect, particularly in particular reference to the film's ability to exploit firmly engraved nostalgic psychosomatic energy which is also maintained by sociological underpinnings inherent in the global pop culture phenomenon which is Star Wars.
i agree totally disney messed it up....

Skyfall -

amazing what self-serious nonsense we can forgive if it's shot by the Deak
2/5 are u serious man??

Scream (1996) - 5/10. Somehow I do feel this movie hasn't aged well. Probably coz it's a re-watch and I know what is going to happen. Even if it was a first time watch I probably wouldn't score it more than a 5. The grainy pictures of the 70s and 80s and ketchup blood made the genre a bit repetitive and dull but charming none the less.

I have get out of this crappy movies spree that I am on during the lockdown!
5/10 for scream are u serious? would u find any better horror film out there?it s the best slasher money can buy

Gretel & Hansel (2020)

With his third film, Oz Perkins continues his downward trend (February is great and I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House is good). This retelling of a familiar fairy tale has some nice moments but unlike his prior films, it fails to maintain the atmosphere for the whole movie. It's disjointed, visually uneven and only passable acted (especially the boy playing Hansel was quite bad, also hated Gretel's narration). Quite a disappointment, really.

i was putting a lot into this, the trailer is down right spine tingling..

5/10 for scream are u serious? would u find any better horror film out there?it s the best slasher money can buy
Probably not. But I can definitely find better films out there.

Probably not. But I can definitely find better films out there.
Which slasher can u tell? There isn t

Little Women (2019)

I'm not generally a fan of time era pieces like this, so take this with a grain of salt. This movie could easily be a 2 or 4 depending on what kind of mood I'm in. Chalamet is great in this movie as are all the actresses, with Ronan giving the best performance in my eyes. The first two thirds of the movie dragged for me and could have been trimmed to reduce the 2+ hour runtime, but the last third was excellent.

This was different. A Colonel arrives at a Pacific NW mental hospital for military vets and begins using unorthodox methods to treat the patients. His plan, pretty much, is to let the inmates run the asylum. This leads to some funny stuff from some of the patients but is it working? Kind of a "what the hell?" movie that gets pretty dark in the second half but it eventually all comes together, if you can make it that long. The opening song is terrible. It gets better after that. Well acted and stars Stacy Keach, with appearances by Jason Miller, Robert Loggia, Joe Spinell and Tom Atkins

That's more than I gave it. I don't seem to have written any sort of review of it but here's what I said of it in Slasher HoF2 thread:

I actually rewatched Scream about a week ago. I found it just as bad as I remembered and it required some willpower to finish. It's a parody of horror films trying to convey us that horror films are stupid and only proper way to watch them is to have a beer and laugh at the screen. To me it's the epitome of everything bad in American horror and it irritates me that such a film has become an iconic horror film itself. Just my opinion, that is.
I seem to have rated it 3/10 on IMDb. There are hundreds (if not thousands) horror films I like more, and even with my general dislike of slashers, it's not even good among them.

Welcome to the human race...
I wouldn't call Scream a parody so much as a deconstruction - the slasher was already an inherently limited and easily-mocked sub-genre before Scream came out so Craven actively works to first break it down by having characters be aware of the tropes and rebuild it by showing that this knowledge isn't guaranteed to save them when the danger turns out to be real. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't find it at least a little obnoxious anyway (and it comes awfully close to the 2-hour mark, which really isn't ideal for most horrors or comedies). And yes, I would still say that there are far better slashers/horrors out there.

Which slasher can u tell? There isn t

I am not talking about slashers.

I am not talking about slashers.
If u wanna talk about better movie then u should name a movie with the same genre as this one, there isn t , it s a great slasher film, one of the best in the 90s

If u wanna talk about better movie then u should name a movie with the same genre as this one, there isn t , it s a great slasher film, one of the best in the 90s
I don't evaluate movies in their genre. Movies are movies. If I say Chinatown is an 8, and put Scream as an 8 too. It would be disrespectful to the former!

And if I have to pick a slasher, Halloween is just better.