Office Space Love It/Hate It Thread

→ in
Tools    

Hey I've just decided to make a love/hate thread on Office Space just to see what Mofo members think about the movie. I personally thought it was a hilarious movie but i'm into dumb comedy like this. I'd like to hear your opinion on this movie.

I loved Office Space, how can anyone not like a movie with Jennifer Aniston??? Twas definately a funny movie. Alot of the "funny" movies in the past couple of years should take a look at that movie and see how it is done (The Whole Ten Yards, yikes that was awful). I am not sure if I have ever come across anyone who didnt like this movie.

I love Office Space, I dont think anyone could hate this movie.

yea i dont know how anyone could hate it but my cousin didnt seem to like it when he watche dit with me. i was sitting there laughing my head off he wasnt even laughing. i guess he doesnt appreciate funny movies

yet another that loves this movie.......

One of my favorites, in fact write now im listening to "damn, feels good to be a gangsta". Damn good song.

I work in an office and it seems like fairly regularly someone quotes this movie. I don't know too many people who don't like it even though it wasn't big at the box office.

i personally dont like it. while i find the stuff peter did in the movie funny and stuff i can relate to, i dont find the movie that funny. its not a movie that i actually laugh at. i'll take a recent movie like Team America, that is a movie i laugh at the whole time

I thought it was funny, and loved the idea...

Definately Love it.

Milton and Samir are my favourites.

Samir: No one is this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Nayee-Nanajar. Nayeenanajar.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least you're name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There WAS nothing wrong with it. Until I was about 12 years old, and that no-talent-ass-clown because famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Why don't you just go by Mike, instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change it? He's the one who sucks.

How can you NOT love this movie???? It was a triumph for all the yahoos stuck on the merry-go-round of middle corporate america. Plus, everytime I get in traffic and switch lanes only to find I screwed myself and the lane I was in starts moving, the first thing that comes to mind?

OFFICE SPACE.

Its become a sort of mantra. I look at the person in the passenger seat. The person looks at me. We simultaneously burst out in sheer resignation at the Fates: OFFICE SPACE!!!!

This is in my Top 5 for comedys. Again, I dont see how any one cant just LOVE this movie...its great!

"Hey Peter, how's it going?"
How can you not like this movie? Michael Bolton (spelling?) listens to rap? Genius.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I enjoy the movie, though it is without a doubt overwatched on a massive scale.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
I enjoy the movie, though it is without a doubt overwatched on a massive scale.
How much of it do you think people should watch?

I liked it, but for things on that subject, I prefer The Office, a brit tv sitcom. I hurt myself, laughing at that show.

It's okay, though it is without a doubt overrated on a massive scale.

I saw it in theatre and thought it was funny. Especially the part where they were kicking the crap out of the computer and ended up having to drag their buddy away from it kicking in the air.

Put me in your pocket...
Office Space was ok, but not as funny for me as it obviously is for others. With all of the talk I had heard about it, I expected more and was a little disappointed.