Stoker

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I did a search but didn't see anything for this film. I really, really want to see it. It had a limited release today but unfortunately it's not playing near me. I'm just wondering does anyone else want to see it? If you do live near a place playing it, is it good?

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
SOmeone saw it and said to Avoid it. That's one rating so far

But is this movie a horror movie or some weird thriller? I can't tell from the trailer

Ignore the person who told you to avoid it, it's worth seeing.

It's a psychological thriller more than a horror film. Apparently it changed somewhat compared to what the original Wentworth Miller script was like according to an interview with the director.

It's not playing near me either Naturally I'm going to see it for Park Chan-Wook but I don't expect much other than the visuals to be great.
That's the only reason I want to see it too. I have heard it's pretty good, though.

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
I had the chance to see it at the world premiere at Sundance. Its a decent film but don't expect anything as good as Old Boy. It's the same old thriller tricks and the twist isn't all that great. It's dark enough with good enough performances to get the job done!

7/10

Ha ha, I know better than that. I expect better than I'm a Cyborg (since I feel it's his weakest film) but I know better than to expect something better than Oldboy or JSA.

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
Yeah its a great treat to see it all americanized up and the performances are spot on! It's just that you tend to see the same old tricks like (music reference played on piano that becomes something more than just music later on) kinda stuff.

I would say it's defiantly entertaining but it's nothing that your going to see hitting award season this year.

(Look out for Fruitvale for best picture 2014)

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
Interesting. This movie now has 1 THEATER, 3 RENTS, and 1 AVOID rating over at the site.

One of my art theaters is getting it this week. So excite.
It's already showing here at one of the theaters downtown. It's only showing in the late evenings and the location it's at...well I used to work in that area and it's not the greatest of locations.

So I finally saw this and I have to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with it.