Se7en

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
They never mention the reasons for this though do they Holden?

I'll just have to break down and listen to the commentary someday.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by AKA23

WARNING: "Se7en" spoilers below

I do have some questions though. First off we've established how that guy taking pictures was John Doe correct? If so what was the point of that whole sequence? To establish that he could later get people's information from the police as Sommerset said and Doe later revealed at the conclusion of the film?

I think the point and I maybe wrong was that the whole time he could be someone right next to you. It's their as a reminder that what you see is not always the truth he's been planing this thing for some time

Also what is to happen to Detective Mills at the conclusion of the film? Under our judicial system what he did would consitute vigilante justice and could land him in jail for the rest of his life. Does he go to jail for murder, or what? And if so, isn't that the perfect little ending to the film and to Doe's plans?

have you ever seen Death Wish ..... just joking well this is a simple answer yes of course he goes to jail but probably for man-slaughter or some reduced sentance. I guess it's a perfect ending for John Doe but definalty not for anybody else.

What is to happen to Sommerset? What does "I'll be around" mean? Is he NOT to retire from the force? Or is he still going to retire?

Well you really don't know? but what I think is that he's has a purpose and that the thought of retiring was just a phase and he's back doing his job

Secondarily I think that my two favorite scenes in the film would be the whole bit with Sommerset and Mills where we see how cynical and nihilistic he is where he says it's easier to beat a child than raise him and says that apathy is a kind of solution. I think that was one of the film's most powerful scenes.

I thought some of the more light hearted stuff in the film was nice and some of my favorite scene are those I.E. were he gets the cliff notes so he can understand the books he's reading also when they all sit down at dinner and the place starts to shake but these's ton's more scenes that i love as well.

I really like the scene were it's just sommerset in his place throughing the knife agains the wall and that clock thing going back a fourth "tic toc tic toc" and the foot chase scene was awesome.

Originally posted by AKA23
I think maybe this film would benefit from repeat viewings...am I correct? Does it get better and clearer and more enjoyable with each viewing?
Definatly it's one of those films, I think that gets better and better.

Any and every great film benefits from repeat viewings. It's not only essential, but also great fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, that is a great scene...I love the way Sommerset is being his usual deep, philosophical sense, and Mills just calls him on it -- he doesn't agree. I really liked the way that was handled. I also LOVE the quote that, right smack in the middle of a depressing, ugly, creepy movie, had me bursting out in laughter:

"Just because the f*cker's got a library card doesn't make him...Yoda."

Movie Explorer
This movie is one of the best I've seen in my freakin life. I own it too. Tracing the killer who bases his murders off the seven deadly sins makes you wonder as the movie rolls on. It's unpredictable what will happen next and becomes a wild goose chase till the near-end when the killer exposes himself and man was that a surprise!!

**SPOILER**

Kevin Spacey as John Doe!! oh man, that's genius. He always gets the good roles.

If there is a movie I would recommend, it would definitely be this one.

Definitely. My #2 film of all-time.

Definitely. My #2 film of all-time.
One of the best serial killer films ever, and in the top 5 best movies of the 90s