Is Clint Eastwood a better director than he is an actor?

Tools    

Is Clint Eastwood a better director or actor?
35.42%
17 votes
Actor
64.58%
31 votes
Director
48 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I generally can't stand the films Eastwood has directed, and think they have got worse (or at least less interesting) over time. They have degenerated into silly, lumpy, tedious sludge. He did have a spark once upon a time- I really liked The Outlaw Josey Wales for one, and his films in the 70s and 80s were generally less self-conscious and usually more fun, but I haven't really liked an Eastwood film since Unforgiven. They're not all awful (though some are, Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby for example), but they are never more than boringly average- I've seen most of his films since, and there are none I'd choose to watch again.

He does have quite a presence as an actor though.
I like Mystic River. Million Dollar Baby is a load of bilge though.

What?! Have you even seen Eastwood's earlier films from The Outlaw Josey Wales to Unforgiven?
Its just a shame that his early edge and vitality has been replaced with the paint by numbers academy appealing dramas thats all.

Mystic River is the last film of his I liked....not sure if i prefer that or Gone Baby Gone. Two quality adaptaions.

no doubts that he is a better director

He has done some good acting but he really is a better director