will.i.am is diseased....

Tools    

Does anyone feel that Will.I.am, is highly overrated? Since he's gone solo, I actually think whoever he collaborates with goes downhill, especially for the song in which the collaboration is, but specifically in regards to Britney Spear's career. Let me first start of saying, new pop music is by no means my cup of tea, personally I can't even identify with music anymore. Having said that, I try and keep myself somewhat current with everything, and I just see this guy, William (I refuse to type the periods out again on principal), and Im just like your a hack. Hell, i am not a britney spears fan, but you just come across "the hits" flipping through the radio, and I just saw this guy again flipping through channels, and I'm just like uggggg. Everything this guys gets involved with takes away from every artists voice, its like because he can't sing he wants to overproduce everyone he is involved with. I think he proliferates himself to be some type of credible music producer or synthesizer or whatever, but everything he puts out, his really childish like beats, everyone's voice has been redone, and there are always minimal lyrics (and to say that, considering pop music is minimally expressive to begin with is saying a lot).

So i guess what I'm asking or ranting about is does anyone like William?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I don't even know who the guy is and it better stays that way.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Can't stand any modern music. It all sounds the same, all these acts rip off 70s and 80s tunes making out it's there own tune... Lady Gaga appeared in an apparently "original" pose the other day while wearing a moustache yet everything she was doing reeked of Freddie Mercury.

Modern music and the "artists" are all crap. Last night was the first time I've listened to the radio in near 10 years and that was because War Of The Worlds was on.

It's true.

I can listen to any track from the past 10 years, particularly the past 3 or 4 years and hear Michael Jackson riffs, Queen samples, beats taken from AC-DC, Aerosmith tracks reused but never credited.

Yet people blindly buy these singles and albums and reckon they're original.

Lady Gaga is said to take an original stance in the world of celeb with her antics yet Paloma Faith was doing the "funny dress" thing years before her and David Bowie was doing it in the 1970s.

It's all recycled rubbish that is neither original, nor any good.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Well, if you're talking about mainstream contemporary music, you might be right, but only about this.

It's true.

I can listen to any track from the past 10 years, particularly the past 3 or 4 years and hear Michael Jackson riffs, Queen samples, beats taken from AC-DC, Aerosmith tracks reused but never credited.

Yet people blindly buy these singles and albums and reckon they're original.

Lady Gaga is said to take an original stance in the world of celeb with her antics yet Paloma Faith was doing the "funny dress" thing years before her and David Bowie was doing it in the 1970s.

It's all recycled rubbish that is neither original, nor any good.
Rodent, have you seen the album cover for Lady Gaga's single? speaking of copying David Bowie......
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	enhanced-buzz-7623-1376403669-0.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	11607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aladdin+Sane+RCA+Japan+for+EUR+albumDavidBowieAladdinSane.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	11608  

William's talent is self promotion. That's why he's so very good at what he does. I'd have him up there with Madonna and Andy Warhol as geniuses of self promotion of the last 50 years. Sadly, they both have/had more artistic talent in their snot than this guy can muster in his life, but still, considering his astounding lack of talent in any other area, his fame/forture/profile/whatever is extraordinary.

I can't stand Lady Gaga. I wish she'd kill herself in a nasty traffic accident and display her mangled, bloody body in a museum FOR ART. I wanna see her "death dress."