Older 70s possible 80s horror/sci fi movie

Tools    

I am going to try and recreate/recall this as best as I can. When I saw this lovely forum had such an area to help movie enthusiasts recall forgotten titles I become so hopeful.....here it goes.....

Movie #1 in question- It was about 6 or 7 years ago, I had fallen asleep with my TV on, tuned into the sci fi channel. I woke up to relieve my full bladder in the middle of the night, and when coming back from the restroom I couldn't help but be somewhat engaged with what was playing. The look and feel of the movie reeked of the 70s, maybe early 80s. The scene I had come into was with a younger woman walking down the hall of a eerie mansion. The hall was well lit, but had very dreary and drab muted colors for wallpaper, like striped pea green and white/yellow, with wooden floors. There were little older metallic clown toys that began to come to life and move on there own and began to stalk and hunt the younger woman. The scene carried on until the woman was murdered by the toys and the environment. The movie then went to commercial, but I figured its the sci/fi channel so I will wait til after the commercials and see what the "now playing" says when the movie returns from the commercial break. It returned but I had started to fall back asleep, but I caught the movie title briefly, very briefly. The name of the movie was something almost alpha numeric, like "XV13D," or something different like this. I continued watching until I fell back asleep, what I remember was a couple running out of the house/mansion across the green yard into forestry where a huge white light was shining..........................that's all i got folks

Movie #2 in question- I used to think I made this movie up in my head, because I spent so many google searches looking for it, but couldn't come up with anything. I then told what I am about to share with you guys, to a friend of mine and he claimed to have seen the same movie but couldn't remember the name as well...........The movie was most likely done in the 90s, maybe the 80s. It centered around the protagonist investigating a murder and speaking with the killer in prison. The killer in prison made some references to his parents. So the investigator drove out to the parents house which happened to be a very "country" home out in the rural area, when the investigator arrived at the parents house they found the parents dead with a old timey sermon playing loudly on a radio. The only other thing I can remember about the movie is reoccurring singing of "He's got the whole world in his hands, he's go the wide world in his hands"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1) THX 1138 maybe? It's on my DVR right now, haven't watched it yet, so I know nothing about the plot.

1) THX 1138 maybe? It's on my DVR right now, haven't watched it yet, so I know nothing about the plot.
naw that's not it, I know, whenever I reference the numerical title I always get that as a response, but thanks bro I do appreciate the guess

how about Tabitha story from Amusement 2008? there was a sh!tload of clowns and very big house

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by irishphoenix83
Movie #2 in question- The movie was most likely done in the 90s, maybe the 80s. It centered around the protagonist investigating a murder and speaking with the killer in prison. The killer in prison made some references to his parents. So the investigator drove out to the parents house which happened to be a very "country" home out in the rural area, when the investigator arrived at the parents house they found the parents dead with a old timey sermon playing loudly on a radio. The only other thing I can remember about the movie is reoccurring singing of "He's got the whole world in his hands, he's go the wide world in his hands"
This sounds a lot like the plot of Truman Capote's famous 1966 book In Cold Blood. There have been several film adaptations, including a 1996 TV miniseries by the same name starring Sam Neill, Anthony Edwards, and Eric Roberts. The synopsis describes that the bodies of the slain family "are found by two friends who come by before Sunday church," so perhaps there's a church sermon playing in that scene?

The only instance of the song "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" being featured in a film (that I know of) is Con Air (1997), though I doubt you're mixing the memory.

Thanks for suggestions Sleezy, I will try and find the Sam Neil In Cold Blood and see if that is it, thats probably the best one I have heard so far, I definitely appreciate the help