Supernatural/horror movie seen in the 80's

Tools    

Set in the UK I believe. The theme was Jesus and possibly other Christian characters (angels from the Bible perhaps,) appearing in the modern world as violent or dangerous spirits. One scene was a discussion with some authority figure where these spirits were characterized both historical and psychotic, and they intended to prevent these spirits from entering the present time. I recall promo scenes that involved a (possibly red) brick wall in a urban area. I encountered it on HBO in the mid 80's.

The 'Big Reveal' scene where the "spirits" (for lack of a better word) were known to be actual person(s) from history and also known to be violently psychotic is the one that really sticks in my mind. Two men, discussing it as if it were 'top secret' knowledge, known to the government and covered up.

That's all I know. Have been searching for years without luck. The theme fascinates me.

Fear No Evil 1981?

Thanks for reply. No, sorry, that's not it. Let me see if I can dredge up any further memories.

The movie had a gothic theme; although it depicted the modern world many of the scenes involved churches, classic brick structures and the like.

The characters were adults, not teenage school students and the like.