Movie Forums Top Foreign Language Films Countdown - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've only been here a month, that's not long enough to be eligible, right?

The rules say "You must have been a member here for at least a month to submit a list." So if it has been a month and you're going to stick around for the countdown, feel free to submit

Yeah, and it never hurts to ask if it's close, either! I can't speak for anyone running any list, but that rule is mostly to stop tricksy stuff where people flood ballots with dummy accounts or campaigns or whatever. We want as much participation as possible, but a few rules like that are necessary just to make sure it's fair. Nobody's ever tried to mess with this stuff before, though.

I'd like to submit a list, but it would be a sham because I've probably seen less than 100 foreign films. By far my largest blind spot.

I'm embarrassed by typing that...
So pick the 25 of those 100 that you like best, rank them, and submit. Nobody's required to be an expert to participate.

I'd like to submit a list, but it would be a sham because I've probably seen less than 100 foreign films. By far my largest blind spot.

I haven't seen all that many foreign language films either. Some but not a ton...I almost have my list ready to send it but had to cut so many worthy films So if you send a list in maybe some of those that I cut will end up on your list!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I know how you feel. I have a huge blind spot when it comes to foreign movies too. You've probably seen more foreign movies than I have, but I'm going to submit a list. I'm just watching as many foreign movies as I can before submitting my list.

I know how you feel. I have a huge blind spot when it comes to foreign movies too. You've probably seen more foreign movies than I have, but I'm going to submit a list. I'm just watching as many foreign movies as I can before submitting my list.
I've been following your foreign language recommendation thread and you've watched a lot of them recently! Very impressive

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've been following your foreign language recommendation thread and you've watched a lot of them recently! Very impressive

Thanks. I'm trying to watch enough foreign movies to make a list of 25 movies that I really like, rather than 25 movies that were just good enough to make my list because I haven't seen enough movies.

I'm starting to slow down a little bit, but I'm not done yet. I even bought a few foreign movie DVDs at a garage sale last week.

There's no rule saying you have to have watched a certain number of foreign films to participate. As others have said, just pick the 25 you like best out of those 100. If there aren't 25 you like, you can submit a partial ballot of between 10 and 25.

With 21 ballots submitted, we have just about enough films to make a top 75. Keep those lists coming!

As it stands there is only one point between first and second place, so every point counts.

Just a reminder as well to please check your submission carefully before you submit it. The ballot submission tool is wonderful, but it is easy to accidentally click on the wrong film, especially if it has the same title, and end up voting for a re-make rather than the original, for example. Nobody wants the English language remake of Oldboy appearing on the countdown...

...Just a reminder as well to please check your submission carefully before you submit it. The ballot submission tool is wonderful, but it is easy to accidentally click on the wrong film, especially if it has the same title, and end up voting for a re-make rather than the original, for example.

Nobody wants the English language remake of Oldboy appearing on the countdown...
Or the remake of Solaris