How Did You Find This Site?

Tools    

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Movieman21
I found this site through a search engine, and let me tell you, i am glad that i did. This site is great. I too run a film forum, and i like what i see here so much that I added your site to my list of helpful links for my members. Hope you dont mind.
Wait, what...? You mean to tell me that this site I'm on is about movies?

That explains a lot!

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
GOOGLE. I wanted to be on a movie forum and make new friends. But i think i made someone mad at me srj.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by moviefan20
GOOGLE. I wanted to be on a movie forum and make new friends. But i think i made someone mad at me srj.
Who's mad?

Enough formalities and start posting about smacking dat ass.

A few years ago I did a search for a site that might shed some new insights for a game I was currently hooked on and stumbled onto a forum for it. It was the first forum I had ever seen and thought it was a pretty nifty thing. Yet, within time, I became bored because games come and go, and the topics became stale. So I decided to see what other forums were out there that might keep me interested for more than a month. I thought to myself, “Self: what is it that you love, would love to talk about endlessly, and never get tired of?” Sex was the answer, but my dog was watching me, so I searched for a “movie forum” <----- (actual words in google), and viola! Here I am.

Anyone wanna talk about sex? My dog’s asleep. No? Okay.

Anyway…I am so happy I found this place. What I love most about MoFo is that new people join, and then we school them. I know that sounds patronizing, but if you come here thinking that Gone in 60 Seconds is one of the greatest movies of all time, and one year later you’re discussing The Bicycle Thief and are completely amazed that you ever thought that Gone in 60 Seconds was anything more than a trite piece of crap movie made from excrement belonging to a sick and injured pig, well…you been schooled.

All hail MoFo! School for the ignorant cinephile!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I honestly forget. I was part of amother forum that I forget the name of now, and they were all really unbelievable art movie snobs, you know, the type of people who like nothing but indecipherable foreign films and who will put you down for liking something even remotely mainstream...my favourite quote of theirs was that "Almost Famous," which is one of my favourite movies, was okay for an entertainment film....I mean what good are movies if they DON'T entertain you?

Anyway, after that, I found MoFo and I was an unbelievable ass for a good long time, and I am surprised I was never banned. I drifted away after an EXTREMELY painful time in my life, that well, there's still reminders of on here, but oh well, life goes on, and I am back, and hopefully less of a pain.

I really like the people here, they have been very friendly and I've even talked with a few of them on AIM, and thats wicked cool. I consider y'all my friends, really. (I miss Sexy Celebrity and Mary Lo a lot.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Randomly visiting for now
I searched for a certain review on a movie (forget which one) and really loved it, so I signed up to give credit to the reviewer. Plus after finding some interesting threads I soon got hooked and have never looked back .

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i think i was just bored and searched google for "movie forums" and this is what i got! it seemed pretty cool. i actually joined a year ago and then never came back. then i came back like a month ago and decided to just create a whole new name and everything. now im addicted. already!

i used to be apart of another movie forum, but it was mostly just Horror forum. i used to love horror, but not as much now, since most horror film new releases are just horrible, and you get sort of tired of talking about the same old classic horror movies over and over again. theres only so much you can talk about the same movies. plus, everyone here is so much nicer and really welcomes new people. i seriously can't think of anyplace on the web that is so open to new people. most people are like "ew a newbie!"

this place is really unique in that way.

I was looking up some film that was coming out and found this site, it looked nifty so put it in my favourites and forgot about it.
After a few months i remembered i put it in my favs so i started lurking here and even tho i know crap all about films i decided to join up
I'll talk sex with ya slay, but i think you ment sex talk with a preddy woman

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Wanted to post a question about the upcoming King Kong movie, so I just typed in www.movieforums.com, just to see if such a generic name existed. And, wallah! My pants are off!

I would say mine was a tale of danger and adventure, but I would be lying.
I was walking past Bullet boy on typing away on the compy and I saw him on this site, thought it looked cool and decided to have a squiz, been hooked ever since....I also joined to spite SB, another story for another time arg.

I did a search on yahoo for movie forums and this was one that came up...

Typed 'movie forums' in on Google.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
God bless Google!!!!
Even a halfwit like me can use it!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Sam. de. mentioned it to me in a pm/email. I was curious.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I still didn't quite understand Donnie Darko and I figured the internet would be the best place to find people who could help me. Aside from that, I had never seen anything quite like that film and it spurred on a greater interest in movies within me.

There's treachery afoot!!!
I remember that I was looking for info for the Batman Begins sequel initially. After I became a member I was hooked.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I probably posted earlier in this lengthy thread, but I found this site because my son was creating it and desperately needed people to pretend to be interested in movies and sign up.

Good thing I really AM interested in movies.

Of all the family members he initially signed up, I think I'm the only one still left (besides him). That's either really cool, or really pathetic. Haven't decided which.

Originally Posted by Austruck
I probably posted earlier in this lengthy thread, but I found this site because my son was creating it and desperately needed people to pretend to be interested in movies and sign up.

Good thing I really AM interested in movies.

Of all the family members he initially signed up, I think I'm the only one still left (besides him). That's either really cool, or really pathetic. Haven't decided which.
Hats off to you then