Office Space Love It/Hate It Thread

→ in
Tools    

I love it, it was very funny!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, lemme throw in my two cents.

I had not seen Office Space until way after its release onto DVD. I knew of a bunch of people around me that had seen it and thought it was hilarious. So I took a gamble and watched it.

The first time watching it, I was undecided on whether or not I liked it. I thought it had funny parts, but then at the same time, I was bored watching it.

I gave it a second chance and it grew on me. Anyone that works in an office, or works any job for that matter, can relate to the drama that Peter and his co-workers were subjected to on a daily basis. Hell, I would've done the same thing.

But after seeing it, then watching Clerks, I find Clerks more a funny movie than I do Office Space. Simply because Clerks you can relate more to on a personal level than you can Office Space. While both are funny in their respective settings. Who in their right mind would stay at a job they hated as much as Peter clearly did just to pull off a scheme that ended up not even benefiting themself?

So, bottomline, great flick, worth watching.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In my opinion Office Space was on of the best movies Hollywood has ever released, hell its the best thing that happened to Hollywood. The movie was freakin brilliant and original. So i obviously i love this movie i don't see how a lot of people can't respect this movie i think everyone should at least respect it.

Originally Posted by spudracer
While both are funny in their respective settings. Who in their right mind would stay at a job they hated as much as Peter clearly did just to pull off a scheme that ended up not even benefiting themself?
Its a good point- but i believe the same damn thing happpened in Clerks.

Originally Posted by Autumn2099
The movie was freakin brilliant and original.
Autumn, could you elaborate please? Original... I can insert my own opinion but I'd like to read yours. Brilliant... I have no idea what your idea of a brilliant movie is.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by Autumn2099
In my opinion Office Space was on of the best movies Hollywood has ever released, hell its the best thing that happened to Hollywood. The movie was freakin brilliant and original. So i obviously i love this movie i don't see how a lot of people can't respect this movie i think everyone should at least respect it.
Freakin brilliant, Office Space is far from. It's a funny movie, but far from brilliant. Like I said, Clerks is pretty much the same movie just different actors. Clerks, on the other hand, for the budget it was shot with IS "freakin brilliant"

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I love this movie. I can't get enough of it. Steven Root is so hilarious. Plus where i work it my boss often acts like a female version of Lumbergh.
Originally Posted by spudracer
Like I said, Clerks is pretty much the same movie just different actors. Clerks, on the other hand, for the budget it was shot with IS "freakin brilliant"
I got to meet Brian O'Halloran. He came and spoke at my college in September. I got him to sign my clerks DVD, it was pretty cool. He spent the evening telling us about different points in the movie.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Originally Posted by Aniko
Office Space was ok, but not as funny for me as it obviously is for others. With all of the talk I had heard about it, I expected more and was a little disappointed.
Your right. Sometimes when you go into a movie not expecting much you get more out of it. Even though I thought it was funny, if I saw it with alot of good hype attatched to it, I believe I would have been disappointed.

Does that make sense?

I see what you're saying Escape.

Hype tends to build up a movie and then you go expecting a blockbusting, Academy Award winning, film, and you end up kicking yourself for buying the ticket to a movie that really had no strong points to it.

It DID make sense.

Fasten your seat belts...
Firstly I really enjoyed Office Space. Quirky humour. "Where's my stapler please?"

Next, I think Autum means she 'really really really really really really' likes it. Does that help?

I totally love this movie….Saw it years ago and still cracks me up. SO well done about life at times.

I thought it was ok but, like many much loved comedies, I don't really see where the love comes from. I know people who'll tell you this is the funniest film ever made.