Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Die Hard (1988)

"Now I have a machine gun, ho-ho-ho."

It's been so long since I've watched this movie actually, but in honor of the late Alan Rickman I have finally revisited it again. And I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for entertaining us all these past few decades Rickman. You'll be in our hearts. Always.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The Force Awakens looks the part, but it feels like GoBots to Transformers.

The Walk - 2015

I am a really huge JGL fan so I knew I'd sit down and watch this one eventually. Seemed like a meaty role and with Robert Zemeckis directing it I was hopefully JGL would earn his first Oscar nomination. My hopes started to fad once it was released to so-so reviews. JGL I thought killed his performance per usual, totally inhabited this Petit fellow. However, the movie itself was not that great. The last 3rd when they set up the rope and when he walks was wonderful, even though I would have liked to see the perspective of the guys on the other tower. The effects made me get light headed it did feel like I was out there with him. It's just the 1st 2/3rds of the movie is not very good.

The idea of JGL narrating through the whole movie from the Statue Of Liberty was not the most engaging choice for me. Every time it cut to him on the statue I was taken out of the story. Choosing a narrator through out the whole movie is tricky for me, it can really annoy me if not done right. You have to find the right balance, like Shawshank for example, and you have to really be confident to keep cutting to the narrator. It was an odd choice to keep cutting to JGL because it felt like a documentary a little and you think they would want to separate themselves form the Oscar winning documentary of 2008. His back story felt rush, he fell into a pound on his 1st performance and then bam he is doing death defying high wire acts right after that. All the characters were rushed and I could really have cared less about them.

To be honest I am not sure if this movie even had to be made with the documentary painting it in such great detail. It had to really bring the goods to be worth it. The saving grace of the movie is the 3rd act and how committed JGL was. There is an emotional punch at the end because the act of walking that tightrope when he wasn't suppose to was beautiful and serves as a great tribute to the towers. I'd suggest to watch it once if you are in the mood and then just watch the documentary.

2.3/5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Zombies, practical gore effects, an awesome soundtrack, one HELL of a final sequence, and oh yeah...

A ZOMBIE FIGHTING AN ACTUAL LIVE TIGER SHARK! No clue how they got a guy to agree to do that scene. Over all a pretty good movie. I look forward to my next Fulci movie when my Blu Ray of A Women in Lizard's Skin comes in.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I haven't seen the prequels for a very very long time and now I wish that was still true...

Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace

I like the last fighting scene and the podrace... Apart from that, a huge pile of sh*t! It's impressive how can someone take a bunch of talented actors and make them act as kids in a highschool play!
Oh, and Darth Maul is the only decent character on all the prequels, and Lucas kills him in the first movie... F*uck you Lucas!

+

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Literally nothing good to say about this. The problems the first one are more serious on this one, and there's no Darth Maul.
Probably the worst movie I've seen in years, and I've seen Paul Blart: Mall Cop!!!

-

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

There's 20 minutes that make up for the rest of a laughable movie with the worst script I've ever seen, next to Episode II.
I actually feel embarassed for Natalie Portman everytime she appears on this!

-

Little Boy (Alejandro Monteverde, 2015)

A surprisingly solid movie.
The photography is amazing, something I would never expect seeing on a movie like this. It has a very vintage feeling that works really well, at least most of the time!
The acting is very good from almost everyone and the script is solid.
There are some weird dream scenes, that annoy me a bit even though I understand why they happen. I also didn't like the unnatural happy ending.
Overall, even if it's not a masterpiece, Little Boy is a very good movie with a beautiful story and I can imagine me rewatching it someday.

-

Master of My Domain

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Literally nothing good to say about this. The problems the first one are more serious on this one, and there's no Darth Maul.
Probably the worst movie I've seen in years, and I've seen Paul Blart: Mall Cop!!!

I'm gonna get some **** for this, but how do you put these guys up as some of the greatest directors of all time when they make films that are like this. For me, a director who can be held up in the top 50 of all time is someone who hasn't made a single bad film. The same thing for me kind of goes for Spielberg, but that's a whole different conversation.
Just name one, let alone 50!

I have to return some videotapes...
Just name one, let alone 50!
Well for me I think Kubrick, Nolan, Lynch, Chaplin, Scorsese, Cameron, Hitchcock (although I haven't seen all of his films), Innaritu, Lassester, Weir, Wells, and Cuaron are a couple off my mind that I could probably say don't have bad films. I feel that saying something is bad is a lot different then saying something is mediocre. I don't think things above a 5.5/10 are bad just mediocre. So with that criteria all the directors above critically don't have bad films. I'm just saying I probably wouldn't put Coen's on my top 50, If we were talking about writing maybe, but not directors.

Did Lynch not make Dune? Or Cameron not make half of the films he's made? Or am i missing something?

For my tastes i'd say all the ones you mentioned have made films i dislike, not that that makes them bad films though.

Did Lynch not make Dune? Or Cameron not make half of the films he's made? Or am i missing something?

For my tastes i'd say all the ones you mentioned have made films i dislike, not that that makes them bad films though.
Preach. Scorsese and Hitchcock are both big time favorites. I won't be sitting down to rewatches of After Hours or The Trouble With Harry anytime soon though.

Preach. Scorsese and Hitchcock are both big time favorites. I won't be sitting down to rewatches of After Hours or The Trouble With Harry anytime soon though.
Trouble With Harry is my least favourite Hitch, i'll just pretend you said Cape Fear instead of After Hours

Trouble With Harry is my least favourite Hitch, i'll just pretend you said Cape Fear instead of After Hours
Had to poke a stick at any slumbering MoFos. I know most of you love that flick.

Finished here. It's been fun.

White Hunter, Black Heart
-

I'm a total sucker for films about the making of films. This one is right up there as one of the most cynical. A dark look at the destructive nature of the male ego.

Anyone who gives that movie over a
is lying to themselves in my opinion. Why do you like it so much?
I thought it was well shot, the acting was much better than I was expecting, especially from Boyega and Ridley, I thought they didn't overuse CGI like the sequels did, and I was genuinely quite invested in the storyline. Also a lot of the jokes really had me grinning. Why weren't you so into it?

Well for me I think Kubrick, Nolan, Lynch, Chaplin, Scorsese, Cameron, Hitchcock (although I haven't seen all of his films), Innaritu, Lassester, Weir, Wells, and Cuaron are a couple off my mind that I could probably say don't have bad films. I feel that saying something is bad is a lot different then saying something is mediocre. I don't think things above a 5.5/10 are bad just mediocre. So with that criteria all the directors above critically don't have bad films. I'm just saying I probably wouldn't put Coen's on my top 50, If we were talking about writing maybe, but not directors.
Kubrick himself wished he never had done Fear and Desire or Killer's Kiss.
Hitchcock has 54 films, you sure all of them are great?
Nolan is not even half of what the Coens are and to even say he doesn't have a bad movie... Has he any good one?
Cameron??? He probably made more garbage than decent movies.

I could go on...