Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I'm having a tough choice to pick between Queen of Earth and The Look of Silence. I always have trouble sitting through documentaries, and I've never been a big fan of Elizabeth Moss, but I've heard nothing but great things about both films. Do y'all have any opinions to help me pick one or the other?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

Public Enemies (2009) by Michael Mann

Miami Vice and Blackhat were too next level. Late Mann resembles Straub-Huillet more than any action director. I'm hoping this is also some next level, digital stuff like those other two.

Mann so far:
1. Miami Vice (2006)
2. Blackhat (2015)
3. Manhunter (1986)
4. Heat (1995)
5. Thief (1981)
6. The Insider (1999)

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

Such an awesome coming of age story set in an almost surreal setting of an Icelandic fishing village, kind of like a study of the isolated teen in isolated society. Rewatch

What can I say, I'm a sucker for DC animated films, especially the Batman specific ones. This is apparently third in a series starting with Son of Batman, continuing with Batman VS Robin and now Batman: Bad Blood. Excited to watch this and see just where little Damian Wayne is going to end up.

I find this film incredibly charming, probably my favorite film with Jack Black, and Mos Def does a good job here further expanding his acting horizons at the same time holding down a successful career in Hip Hop. Eccentric characters, warm humor and an inventive plot ensure I always enjoy this when I watch it. Rewatch

Self explanatory, one of the best Werewolf films ever made. Rewatch #20 something

I re-watch movies a lot, and have specific ones I use as background noise while I'm writing/gaming/cleaning/cooking. Dog soldiers is in that category, hence the 20+ watches.

Self explanatory, one of the best Werewolf films ever made. Rewatch #20 something

I re-watch movies a lot, and have specific ones I use as background noise while I'm writing/gaming/cleaning/cooking. Dog soldiers is in that category, hence the 20+ watches.
Mega props for this, one of my favorite horror movies!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

#

The best part of the movie.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
The American remake? its says its not shot for shot so let's see how it goes

Please let me know if it's even worth it, I fear I might have gotten a bit too excited about it.

No way it beats the original. I'm not even going to bother with it.

Im sure its not going to be better... is any American remake better than the original foreign flick?

I have to return some videotapes...

Miami Vice and Blackhat were too next level. Late Mann resembles Straub-Huillet more than any action director. I'm hoping this is also some next level, digital stuff like those other two.

Mann so far:
1. Miami Vice (2006)
2. Blackhat (2015)
3. Manhunter (1986)
4. Heat (1995)
5. Thief (1981)
6. The Insider (1999)
Wait so is that your list of the ones you like most?

What was wrong with the ending?
It felt very arbitrary. "Let's give this story a happy ending because... reasons."

I much preferred the Mangold version. It had a lot more tension and a more satisfying resolution for me.

That is. There's a cult around here that thinks Mann's lousiest movies are his best.
agree i was surprised to see that list in that order lol

No way it beats the original. I'm not even going to bother with it.
The original suck so....

That's weird Derek because I didn't care for it either, and it's the type of thing we usually like. I've been meaning to try it again.
it was soooo boring I don't thing I'll rewatch it again... but I'll like to see your though once you rewatch it