Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You say you prefer Reservoir Dogs but you have Pulp Fiction ahead of it on your favorites...

Anyways, I prefer Reservoir Dogs as well. Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece and I do understand why people like it so much but for me—I just far-and-away prefer RD.

Also, welcome to the forums!
Ah, yes, I watched it again last night so I suppose it's at the forefront of my mind ya know?
Thank you!

I massively prefer Pulp Fiction, although both are important films to me. Reservoir Dogs was probably the film that got me into films, but I've always preferred Pulp since then, and have probably seen it about 20 times in full. Actually saw both of them in the cinema last year, that was fun.

I massively prefer Pulp Fiction, although both are important films to me. Reservoir Dogs was probably the film that got me into films, but I've always preferred Pulp since then, and have probably seen it about 20 times in full. Actually saw both of them in the cinema last year, that was fun.
Agree.

I prefer Pulp Fiction but I also like a lot Reservoir Dogs

Oh god, I'd love to see them in the cinema!

The Force Awakens - 8/10!

Was pretty much straight tens until you realise it's essentially A New Hope with a lick of paint. Still love it though.

To me, Reservoir Dogs has that edge that Pulp Fiction doesn't have. It always has a degree of tension that makes it more exciting to watch than Pulp Fiction, imo. Pulp Fiction is very good as well though, with some crazy memorable scenes.

I have to return some videotapes...
The Force Awakens - 8/10!

Was pretty much straight tens until you realise it's essentially A New Hope with a lick of paint. Still love it though.
Anyone who gives that movie over a
is lying to themselves in my opinion. Why do you like it so much?

I'm sure if I say anyone who gives it less than a three is just listening to the copo you guys would disagree. So I will take it that you don't really want an opinion and move on.

Anyone who gives that movie over a
is lying to themselves in my opinion. Why do you like it so much?
It was well shot, the acting was fine, the effects were great, it was a fun theatrical experience, and the plot was engaging. It's a fringe 3.5/4 for me.

I'm sure if I say anyone who gives it less than a three is just listening to the copo you guys would disagree. So I will take it that you don't really want an opinion and move on.
I would like to hear all opinions. I personally don't think it's anything like a Star Wars film, but if it wasn't called Star Wars it would be a good Star Trek movie.

I would like to hear all opinions. I personally don't think it's anything like a Star Wars film, but if it wasn't called Star Wars it would be a good Star Trek movie.
Come again? How is it not like a Star Wars film?

I just watched two of the Coen's movies that are never really talked about and I always wondered why? These two films are Intolerable Cruelty (2003) and LadyKillers (2004) the remake.

Intolerable Cruelty (2003)

So at first this film I wasn't really taken back at how bad people had always said it was, I was actually enjoying it. Then I kept watching and I realized that I was watching a comedy and I wasn't laughing at all. Clooney I have always thought is an interesting actor because I usually in dramatic films are very attached to his acting with a few exceptions, but in the Coen's movies his comedy sometimes makes him overreact facially to everything that is going on in the scene. This bothers me because it reminds me of a cartoon not acting. I didn't think a lot of the scenes needed to be in the film as well, they felt more like "Oh! We have a great gag so let's create a whole scene around it instead of make it work for the actual story" and I wasn't a huge fan of that. The ending is also so cliche and I really thought that the Coen's were above this with their script writing. Overall, I enjoyed myself while watching it and some of it wasn't painful, but it has far too many problems to really consider anywhere close to a good movie.

LadyKillers (2004)

This movie opens with a bunch of different scenes introducing all of us to the characters we are going to get incorporated through this throughout the film. I to be honest found this to be jarring and the only bit that really worked for me was J.K. Simmons, the rest of it was just a lot of really cheesy jokes and physical comedy that doesn't work at all. The movie doesn't really change from this throughout the whole run-time so if your not a fan of the first 20 minutes just stop watching. The thing that I would say is the best part of this film are the moments where J.K. and Wayan's are interacting. I found it to be very funny because I have always enjoyed the levels they can both go and unlike everyone else it isn't just stupid physical comedy. What surprised me about this film was how badly written it is from a story structure, I mean what happened to the Coen's for a second there? How can the person who made this 3 years later make No Country for Old Men? Tom Hank's whole vibe to his role is to just ramble through dialogue acting like he is a genius, but it didn't sell me very much. It's a heist film that doesn't focus too much on the heist and it's kind of just badly done building absolutely no suspense whatsoever. For a Coen fan you might want to check it out, but it really just isn't worth your time as a viewer.

I'm gonna get some **** for this, but how do you put these guys up as some of the greatest directors of all time when they make films that are like this. For me, a director who can be held up in the top 50 of all time is someone who hasn't made a single bad film. The same thing for me kind of goes for Spielberg, but that's a whole different conversation.

I'm gonna get some **** for this, but how do you put these guys up as some of the greatest directors of all time when they make films that are like this. For me, a director who can be held up in the top 50 of all time is someone who hasn't made a single bad film. The same thing for me kind of goes for Spielberg, but that's a whole different conversation.
So nobody then?

Movie making is an art. Artists experiment with new things. Sometimes they go through peaks and valleys of quality. It is just part of the creative process. Make enough movies and there will be a few bad ones.

Martyrs
(2016, USA)
Directed by Kevin and Michael Goetz

so my verdict... The french version is better... it doesnt have the same feel... and its not as gruesome...

5/10

If you look at it as an enjoyable experience at the cinema that it succeeded I meant did anyone think it was Academy noteworthy? Look at the original besides special effects what else did it bring to cinema besides enjoyment. I enjoyed Force Awakens because I bought into the characters and I cared what happened to them. There are some gripes I have with it but they were overlooked due to overall enjoyment.

Who's the new guy? First dissin Star Wars and now the Coen brothers. God is testing me and I'm failing miserably.
Hey man I love the Coen's I think No Country is a perfect film. I think Intolerable and Ladykillers are just some weak spots. I love Star Wars as well, but if your going to tell me Episode VII is good, I'm gonna disagree with you.

If you look at it as an enjoyable experience at the cinema that it succeeded I meant did anyone think it was Academy noteworthy? Look at the original besides special effects what else did it bring to cinema besides enjoyment. I enjoyed Force Awakens because I bought into the characters and I cared what happened to them. There are some gripes I have with it but they were overlooked due to overall enjoyment.
I respect opinion and I enjoyed some aspects too I just don't love the movie I think it felt like a product of Disney and had comedy of Star Trek. If you look at even the great Empire it didn't have so much slapstick comedy it was more of a dark brooding film. This felt like they were setting up for stupid bits they wanted to do. I would give the movie a mediocre grade