What films should win the Best Picture Oscar?

Tools    

What film should be awarded the Best Picture Oscar?
83.33%
5 votes
The film of the highest overall quality
16.67%
1 votes
The most entertaining film
6 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Something that this year's Oscars made me think about is what an Oscar should represent. Do you think that the Oscars should go to the most entertaining film of the nominees, or the film that is of the highest overall quality? I don't think that of the nominees "12 Years A Slave" was the most entertaining film, but I do think it was the one of the highest quality. I often feel that one of the nominees is the most entertaining while another is of the highest quality. When there is a tension between the two, what film should the Oscar go to?

Ghost In The Machine
I've gone for highest quality, but of course it's never that simple. I guess if you had two films where the choice was that clear cut, there would be some other quality about one of them that would tip the scales in it's favour. It's that grey area that put's the tension and joy into watching the Oscars in the first place

Why "entertaining" and "high quality" is always separated? Like entertaining can't be good and a masterpiece can't be entertaining..

A good combination of both. Entertainment wise, Wolf of Wall Street takes the cake. Quality wise 12 Years a Slave.

The perfect combination of both, however, was Gravity.

If we really have to separate the two, I pick most entertaining. If something entertains me more, I'm more likely to get something out of it. Of course, realistically, most of the films I find entertaining are in fact high in quality so really I don't see much if a difference between the two options we have to select in this poll.