Ben Affleck

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't know if anybody else agrees with me, but I think Ben Affleck has a lot of talent as a director. Gone Baby Gone is one of my favorite films of all-time, and The Town was a very solid film to me. Just hoping that he will direct more movies in the future.

I've not seen either of his feature films yet. But he certainly seems to get more respect as a director than he ever has as an actor. If people who mock you as an actor, talk well of you as a director, then that's about as good as word of mouth gets, isn't it?

I'm not really a huge fan of his acting either. I'd say his best work acting wise may be State of Play or The Town itself, though I haven't seen Goodwill Hunting.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
He was at Oscar worthy level in Surviving Christmas. A tremendous performance.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I enjoyed his performance immensely in Surviving Christmas. I loved the movie. But I think that might be over doing it a tad...

Meh, I'm not impressed by his directing and even less by his acting. He's directed two semi-decent films, but not fabulous ones by any measure imo. Gone Baby Gone was ok, but nothing more than that. I recently watched The Town and wasn't blown away by it either. Again, it was ok, but that's about it.

And his acting? Well, let's just say that it's not hard to like his directing better than his acting. Daredevil anyone?

His brother is going to tower over him in a few years.

Casey Affleck is by far the better actor. No comparison really, Casey is on a different level completely.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
He was at Oscar worthy level in Surviving Christmas. A tremendous performance.
Sarcasm, although I did enjoy Surviving Christmas...

Ben Affleck is a semi-decent actor and he has much more talent in directing and writing. The only film I find a good Affleck performance is in Good Will Hunting, for the small part he had.

I don't enjoy either his acting or directing, but thats not what I dislike about him, I don't know why but something just makes me want to punch that guy.

I havn't seen Gone Baby Gone but I hear great things and it's on my list as movies to see.

I loved the Town though, and I think he'll be a really good director.

I thought The Town and Gone Baby Gone were both really solid. Argo is probably my pick for most overrated this year but that had way more to do with the script in the final third than his directing. I never have loved or hated him as an actor. Good Will Hunting is one of my all time faves, although I prefer Damon's and William's performance to his. I also enjoyed State Of Play, but thought he was a bit miscast as his character should have been older. I also think he has made some poor decisions: Paycheck, Gigli, and Pearl Harbor.

I used to hate him as an actor, but he's slowly been growing on me. I liked him a lot in State of Play and he was the ONLY good thing about He's Just Not That Into You. I also liked him in The Town and felt it was a pretty solid movie overall. I haven't seen Gone Baby Gone or Argo yet.

State of Play is a very good flick. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest it.

I don't think Pearl Harbor was really that bad. Sure, perhaps the film was shown very inaccurately, but as a film it's not all that terrible, IMO. A 6.5/10

State of Play is a very good flick. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest it.

I don't think Pearl Harbor was really that bad. Sure, perhaps the film was shown very inaccurately, but as a film it's not all that terrible, IMO. A 6.5/10
I have not seen Pearl Harbor since my first viewing in the theater. What I remember is this, I hated it, as soon as Affleck's character showed up after earlier crashing his fighter jet I was out.