Cube 2: Hypercube -

Cube Zero -

Southland Tales -

Page Two
I Am Legend -

Cloverfield -

Beowulf -

Quarantine -

I first saw Donnie Darko on TV. It was on HBO in 2007 and I remembered watching it. Whenever it was over, I just sat there for a minute and realized what I just watched. What I watched was very well put together, very cinematic, and extremely cult. Donnie Darko, in my book, acheives great heights in cinema, and every horror movie fan should enjoy this. Its cast is perfect as well. Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect role. Holmes Osborne did good too. If you're a horror movie fan - Then you will like this. Take my word for it, come back to this thread, and tell me what you thought.

Zack Snyder's film unpacks gore, war, violence, and grief about the little Spartan army that could. Infact, the entire film was shot behind a green screen - Which bores the crap out of you. Because the entire background looks gothic and dark, and the picture looks misty sort of like the background of the poster. To tell you the truth, I didn't fall asleep in it but it was definitely awful. Who wants a boring background with no texture. It may not sound like a big deal to you, but the entire movie seems dark. I hate movies like that because it ruins visuals. However, 300 does pack a promising leadership in action. This movie is mostly for Gladiator and Braveheart fans, but most likely the film is quite entertaining. It may be boring most of the time, but a historical visual epic on the historic battle seems too good to be true.

Not sure how you can think the film is anything short of beautiful (visually that is).

Regardless , why do you give it a 3 out of 5 if you thought it was boring ?

Liv Tyler always seems to be good in everything she's in. Scott Speedman included. But The Strangers suprised me, only because it wasen't scary at all. It was like watching One Missed Call over and over again - It's a movie you don't want to watch again. I was really disappointed in this becaue the trailer looked scary. The creepy soundtrack and the way they trick Liv and Speedman's characters into doing the wrong things... But the plot, storyline, and outline is just too "normal". Sure it would be scary if that happened to me or you, but I don't see it happening in the near future. Any horror fan would know that The Strangers was ALRIGHT. But, it lacked effort and that's what caused it to sink. The soundtrack and the costume design are just scary. Now that I will agree on. But, when it comes to the plot - They always do stupid things like in every horror movie noawadays. Instead of heading for the door, they head for UPSTAIRS. The Strangers lacks morals in deadly situations (even though it's not supposed to), but I have to say overall: The Strangers was alright, but not good due to its unsteady plot and tangled outline.

They always do stupid things like in every horror movie noawadays. Instead of heading for the door, they head for UPSTAIRS.
To be fair, that's always happened in horror films. If they just ran out the door and legged it, there'd be no tension. It's just a horror trait, y'know, like bad guys not being able to shoot straight in action films.

I didn't enjoy 300 at all. It bored me as well.

That's probably because 300 is crap.

Also, did anyone else think it looked as if it'd been shot in a small room or stage? Most of the scenes, that aren't fight scenes, seemed to have the actors all in one space, with no one really moving very much. That could've be the directors want, but to me it appeared to look very cramped.

The best thing about this 1997 low-budget horror flick is that is happens to sink the audience into its plot, but then throws it back out. Cube happens to be a corny low-budget piece of trash. It has a promising plot and it is an extremely good thriller, but is it worth money? No, it is not. Tacky and corny special effects, actors you've never heard of before, and of course stupid music and an ending that is just awful, Cube may be a high-pitched thriller, but it is only becoming less and less interesting along the way, until its idiotic conclusion.

Sorta like the frame of a comic or graphic novel?
Is that what they were going for? If that's the case, then it's even worse. What little I've seen of the medium has been presented much better than that.

I am half agony, half hope.
I haven't met anyone who has seen Cube, and I was just wondering whether to see it or not when I happened across it on IMDB a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued with the plot and thought it might be worth a watch.

Johann von Goethe

This may have a bigger budget than 1997's Cube, but it still doesn't add up to be a faithful film. Only fans of the original will like this sequel, but if you didn't like the first one, then you will surely hate this one even more. Cube was a high-class thriller, and that's one of the things I liked about it. But still it wasn't a good one in my book. And the original thriller touch of Cube is absent in Cube 2: Hypercube. For a horror movie, you would expect a little more action. Instead, the film doesn't focus on one area. It just bounces back at you and the plot changes instantly over and over again. That's why it may be a faithful sequel to the series's fans, but not a faithful movie to moviegoers.

I haven't met anyone who has seen Cube, and I was just wondering whether to see it or not when I happened across it on IMDB a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued with the plot and thought it might be worth a watch.
I really enjoyed Cube, but then I saw it way back, before the sequel, prequel and the good word of mouth that Cube received. I will say that I haven't seen either of the other Cube's and the main reason for that is that I didn't think that they'd be any good. As a stand alone film I think that Cube is worth seeing, but I couldn't see how it could support either a sequel or a prequel.

wow love to see it

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It is worth a watch. It is low budget and the acting is not of the highest calibre, perhaps, but it is entertaining and really quite tense in places. I didn't think the ending was idiotic either.

Lets put a smile on that block
Cube happens to be a corny low-budget piece of trash. It has a promising plot and it is an extremely good thriller, but is it worth money? No, it is not. Tacky and corny special effects, actors you've never heard of before, and of course stupid music and an ending that is just awful, Cube may be a high-pitched thriller, but it is only becoming less and less interesting along the way, until its idiotic conclusion.
Wow, i actually think i might disagree with you 100%. I thought Cube was a brilliant, low-budget, dark, tense, well-written, science fiction, thriller that delivered where almost every modern horror fails. And the ambiguous ending was perfect for me.

Yeah the acting was crap, and the soundtrack (which i don't really rememver there being much of) wasnt great, but other than that. pretty good effort i thought.

If you're a fan of the Cube series, then you might as well not watch this prequel. Fan or no fan, this is extremely unfaithful as a film, and as a Cube film. In this one, we finally get a look outside of the cube. Instead of being able to make a thrilling plot, the film wraps itself around audience and goes too far-fetched for fans to enjoy. So what does Cube Zero have to offer? Pretty much nothing but a waste of time. But if you enjoy those tacky, low-budget titles, then you might as well watch this, but if you're an average movie-goer, then you will not enjoy this film. At all.

Being faithful to Donnie Darko, Richard Kelly's second directorial film collides once more with the prime time plot: The end of the world. After the success of Donnie Darko, you would think Kelly would create another cult classic following in the footsteps of Robert Rodriguez, Zack Snyder, and Quentin Tarintino. But, Kelly is not so lucky. With an all-star cast including Dwayne Johnson, Seann William Scott, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Mandy Moore, and Justin Timberlake - Kelly's promising cast, plot, and trailer definitely makes you want to see this. But it isn't worth it. Being a Richard Kelly fan myself, I have to admit that Southland Tales is a waste of time. Even Richard Kelly fans as myself will despise this film.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
those are my thoughts exactly! i saw the trailer and was like 'omg that looks bomb' and then i turned it off twenty minutes into it when i found out that the republicans are pretty much responsible for the end of the world...that's just ridiculous