Can somebody Help? please

Tools    

Hi, I have windows XP, i have a DVD writer on here but for some reason it says all my DVD files are too big to fit on disc, they are 4.7 gig disc's so i don't see how that could be.

does anyone kno a program that's reputable i can download that will allow me to put films i've put on my pc onto dvd

cheers!

Most full length films will be 7 or more gbs or more so you need a dual layer writer and dual layer media, that or a compression program. A little googling will get you what you want.

i have downloaded my films, and they all say 1 gig or 800 MB does that change then when i try to put them onto disc? i downloaded DVD shrink but it aint havin none of it... wont let me use it keeps saying files aint working properly

videohelp.com is an awesome resource for all manner of burning/ripping questions. It helped me figure out the whole ripping thing.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Enemies are so stimulating.
i use nero. if you burn them with nero vision it compresses it when you add the files if they are too big for the disc you have in the computer.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

nero burn is a good utlity.