Mr. Metro's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this

Zack Snyder's film unpacks gore, war, violence, and grief about the little Spartan army that could. Infact, the entire film was shot behind a green screen - Which bores the crap out of you. Because the entire background looks gothic and dark, and the picture looks misty sort of like the background of the poster. To tell you the truth, I didn't fall asleep in it but it was definitely awful. Who wants a boring background with no texture. It may not sound like a big deal to you, but the entire movie seems dark. I hate movies like that because it ruins visuals. However, 300 does pack a promising leadership in action. This movie is mostly for Gladiator and Braveheart fans, but most likely the film is quite entertaining. It may be boring most of the time, but a historical visual epic on the historic battle seems too good to be true.

i gotta disagree with you on that one =\ 300 was the most visually pleasing movie i have ever seen

When it comes to Will Smith, his films are quite enjoyable. Francis Lawrence's adaption of two previous films and a novel written in 1926, may just halt him in his career. Legend's plot is fast-paced and well-thought, but it's corny special effects practically lowered it down a notch. Liking the idea of an apocalyptic thriller where one man has survived, is a fine way to point the film out. But, he doesn't really know if he is the last man on Earth in the film, which he never leaves New York because it's "ground-zero". But, just like he has no belief in the survivor's colony. In the end, what do you think we see? A survivor's colony. This is the sort of stuff that breaks it down. However, Legend is a great visual epic noir with a plot tone that surpises for an apocalyptic thriller that is different from most other ones.

The hand-held camera technique has found its way back into Hollywood again. In 2000, The Blair Witch Project showed audiences a realistic vision of three kids getting lost in the woods, being stalked and hunted by a witch. Quarantine had a taste towards horror as well. Cloverfield is an extremely realistic visual of what would happen if such an event took place. As the trailer states (which makes you want to see it even more): Witness the most historic event in the world, from the eyes of those who are there. That gives me goosebumps. This film has made its way into Hollywood and becoming as popular as it is, anybody who has never seen Cloverfield must, if they want to be blown away.

Academy-Award winning director Robert Zemeckis explores the novel Beowulf (Nowell Codex) in this visually outstanding epic. This action-packed adventure of special effects and an outstanding musical score features an all-star cast such as: Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, Robin Wright Penn, and Angelina Jolie. Visually outstanding, Beowulf explores the ultimate violent rage of Grendel, a monster who is terrifying towns because of her anger, and her son who started the rampage. So if you're looking for a good movie to watch, and you haven't seen Beowulf, watch it and you won't be dissapointed.

Meh, Beowulf wasn't that good to me, I had expected more, but didn't get it.

Not sure how you can think the film is anything short of beautiful (visually that is).

Regardless , why do you give it a 3 out of 5 if you thought it was boring ?
Read the last line of my 300 review.

How stupid can Hollywood get? This film is a remake of 2007's [REC] (which I thought was extremely scary). Quarantine goes there. It follows The Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield, Cannibal Holocaust, The Last Broadcast, and Zero Day. But it still misses primal horror technique, for example: Scaring you (like jumping out at somebody), and it doesn't make you wonder like Cloverfield, where you have no idea where the monster came from. The only real thing you wonder about is what's going on in the beginning. Why were they being called there? You never wonder why they're sealing it off, because the movie is so predictable, including from the poster and trailer. Especially the trailer (and again, especially the beginning of the trailer).