What Is Your Favorite Peter Jackson Movie?

Tools    

Which Peter Jackson film is your favorite?

Peter Jackson
Bad Taste (1987)
Meet the Feebles (1989)
Dead Alive (1993)
Heavenly Creatures (1994)
The Frighteners (1996)
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
King Kong (2005)

Although they're very good, I'm just not a fan of the Lord of the Rings films, as I don't dig (with the exception of John Boorman's Excalibur 1981) 'sword and sorcery' that much.

Brain Dead aka Dead Alive is amusing, and very well made, but (despite my trash thread) I find the excessive gore a bit of a turn off nowadays (I was a huge fan when the film was released).

So that leaves The Frighteners, which I'm rather fond of.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Heavenly Creatures, by far. Dead-Alive is o.k, but not as fun for me as it used to be. I like the LOTR trilogy and King Kong o.k, but I am not a huge fan of either.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Well, since no one else here is a fan...

The Lord of the Rings. All three of them.

Not only the best Jackson film, one of the best films ever made....

Heavenly Creatures is pretty good, too.

Never seen The Frighteners. Is it worth a look?

Well, since no one else here is a fan...

The Lord of the Rings. All three of them.

Not only the best Jackson film, one of the best films ever made....

Heavenly Creatures is pretty good, too.

IMO, definately. It's kind of a darker Ghostbusters, great effects too.

...uh the post is up there...

I've not seen Dead Alive (which I believe was called Braindead over here) or King Kong, but the only Jackson films that I like are Heavenly Creatures and The Frighteners (in that order.) They're very different films, but both are excellent. I liked Bad Taste when I was a teenager, I thought it was great fun, but I've bored of it since.

I think that Jackson's a very talented director but, for the most part, he just doesn't make films I care about. Something I'm hoping will change with The Lovely Bones.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
\
Definitely, because without it we would never have LotR or King Kong (you'll understand if you watch the special features.)

I always had a soft spot for The Frighteners. It would have been better if it had not became so foolish, although I still think it is a very entertaining movie. LOTR ROTK is my favorite however.

Bad Taste. Low budget, totally unreal looking but just makes me laugh and smile at the way they put it all together; like a home movie with a lot of ingenuity and teenage (okay..., maybe twenties') exuberance. It's as if it has been made by an amateur, but talented, friend.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Twin Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Dead Alive
King Kong

I am the Nightrider!
Even though it's a clichéd answer, I have to go with:

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

I was never a big fan of the books, couldn't really get into them, never a fan of the Rankin/Bass animated productions of The Hobbit or Return of the King (although I did enjoy Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, mostly due to my admiration of Bakshi's films). But when I saw what Jackson did with this material, I instantly fell in love it. He literally created Tolkien's worlds, so much that I went back and read all the books starting from
The Hobbit.

That said and aside, I love Dead Alive and Heavenly Creatures.

-UJ

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King... All the three parts are good but i like third one more..Heavenly creature is one of my favorite even.

LotR: The Return Of The King... This was the only good movie from the trilogy.

I cant really choose a specific favorite between:
Braindead
Bad Taste
King Kong

Seen the Frighteners and liked it. Im also one in a million people that didnt like the Lord of the Rings trilogy that much. It is definitely Jackson's masterpiece, but I like the four that I listed above much more. Maybe I should give it another watch though. Havent seen Heavenly Creatures which will probably change soon since im hearing such great things about it. Anyway, great director.