Remaking Evil Dead?

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
that on imdb it says that they're remaking The Evil Dead...i'm very upsetted by this. and there's no Ash

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They been saying this for years....and still no progress. so I doubt it will happen.

At least not soon.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm not old, you're just 12.
If it's a horrible garbage movie - it will still be better than the original Evil Dead.
Ohhh, no you didn't. LOL. The original Evil Dead is a classic of low budget filmmaking. It's one of those films that just gets better the more you know about the insane way it was made. Definitely shouldn't be remade, but the last I heard it's going to be a film version of the hilarious Evil Dead - The Musical.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

From from what I've heard, the original plan was to make Evil Dead IV. However, it fell in Development Hell. So I guess a remake would be better off.

No Ash though? Why?

Welcome to the human race...
Because Bruce Campbell is unavailable, and nobody's even going to try and redo it.

From from what I've heard, the original plan was to make Evil Dead IV. However, it fell in Development Hell. So I guess a remake would be better off.

No Ash though? Why?
I heard the exact same thing. Didn't they even make a poster? I remember seeing an Evil Dead IV poster at the movie theater once, but I read on ComingSoon.net that they took it off the market and banned it until it was confirmed a 4th one be done. However, now that is not the case. Looks like they're going to try and do a remake. I'll try and find the poster.

I can't beleive they are making another one, I didn't like the original lol

Just to throw this out there, they did have a broadway musical of Evil Dead.

Heres the home page for it:
http://www.evildeadthemusical.com/

LOL, the music makes me think of Grease

So if there was a musical, anything is possible

Overall, the broadway production was like Grease and a Gallagher show (spraying the audience with blood instead of smashed watermelons) put together

Sam is going to produce, but not direct. Hmmmmm.
He must have said "been there, done that"
But that won't stop him from taking the money.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am 100 percent against this movie being made.

From Killerfilm.com
No Ash in Evil Dead remake

Sep 15, 2011

So fans will never see Ash again in the Evil Dead universe? That’s what Bruce Campbell is claiming on Twitter. While most figured they would recast but still feature his character of Ash, the hapless hero, it looks like Diablo Cody, who’s writing the screenplay, is opting for some new hero.
No Ash character currently. Last statement: ED remake is a re-telling. All bets are off & all involved love the new approach.”
And all hope is lost in the Evil Dead remake…Hail to no one, baby.

I've been reading rumors and interviews for years about it. I seriously doubt there will ever be a sequel with Ash, but I think the remake is inevitable.

I actually don't mind the remake if it's truly meant as a re-imagining of the basic outline sans Ash. That would be interesting to see, though I have no expectation it will be good.

I read an interview somewhere awhile back where Bruce basically said that Raimi had no interest in making another sequel to the series despite it being beloved by many horror fans eager for a 4th. Though having a strong & loyal cult following, Raimi no longer wanted to be directly associated with Evil Dead apparently, since his success with films like Spiderman.

Don't know myself, but I think there's a lot of money still left to be squeezed out of the Evil Dead name, so although they'll never do it right and please fans with a big budget 4th finale starring Ash they've wanted all these years, there will almost certainly be a remake and probably crap sequels to it will follow.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!