The Happening

→ in
Tools    

this movie was really good

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I almost rented this today for Halloween but the rental clerk advised me against it calling it "horrible" and, even worse, "boring."

After talking with him a bit, I found he liked movies such as Fido and Grindhouse. So now I'm hoping he nudged me in the right direction.

I'm glad you enjoyed it PW. And i agree with your points about what you liked about the film, and the message M Night perhaps was trying to put across.

But you have gotta admit, Mark W is FRICKING AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL in it?

Yeah, if you take out the deaths, then this is a pretty typical Night flick I says. And I know just about everything, so take it from me.

You didn't like Marky Mark? He was OK, he's kind of a weird dude. And it was a pretty weird movie as well. John Legiuzamo's character was pretty damn strange too. They all were in fact. Which is a good example of why I liked it. Night's flicks are just different and that's just fine with this hep cat.

"It's good like Sunkist!"

If you take out the death parts it's a typical M. Night movie?
So, your telling me I should wait until it comes to TV.

Sounds like good advice. I love M. Night's movies, but I saw the clip where the guy feeds himself to the lions. Didn't like that.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Finally saw this movie. I'd heard how terrible it was but found it somewhat amusing. I mean all those deaths, they were kind of funny in a macabre way.

The idea that plants could fight back against humans is also funny to me. I got the DVD to watch for free. That probably helped my outlook as well.

The little girl in it was quite compelling. She was really the only actor who made me give the slightest care.

It was rather fun. I didn't hate it.

I love The Happening probably more than anyone. I'm a whore for anything M. Night Shyamalan. I find all of his films to be brilliant. I guess I just... get them or something?

i heard it was a boring movie

Is this movieguy for real? lol Question: What insensitive prick would set a terrorist movie in New York City and have it play out on the east coast? Answer: A purely evil one, one set on making dribble instead of a fantastic sci-fi piece. Imho, this schtick bites. Let's honor and remember 9-11 instead of trying to water it down and turn it into something less than what it is, ripping it's very fabric apart.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
...Or everyone can move on with their lives.

Suspect's Reviews