People you know who are in a film

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So Austruck, we're you ever the President of the Alfred Yankovic Fan Club? I'm wondering because my best friend's sister was the President of the Jamie Farr Fan Club, and that was about 45 years ago, when I had no clue who Jamie Farr was.

Lots of people I knew were extras in Mr. 3000 which had a large amount of extras in it's scenes at Miller Park.

Who do you know that has been in a movie ?
I was in a "vanity" film as a child, about 8 years old. An outfit came to the little East Texas town where I lived and had "auditions" for a kids movie, something very much like the Little Rascals. The main part of the audition was whether or not your folks were willing to pay a fee to get you in the film. Couldn't have been much, 'cause my folks anted up the dough. The film was shot at the nearby Colonial Drive-In theater. The street side of the outdoor screen looked like a southern plantation with big columns. This served as the palacial home of the star of the film, "The little rich girl" played by a person who I assumed was the daughter of either the director or the cameraman (the whole movie crew). She had most of the lines and did all of the heavy acting, while we just tried to walk or run in the direction they pointed without falling down. The plot was the little rich girl gets kidnapped by two bad guys (the director and the cameraman) and all of her scuzzy little "poor friends" (all the rest of us kids) track her down, beat up the bad guys and rescue her. None of us had the slightest idea what was going on, but I actually had a line--something like, "Come on, gang, let's get 'em!" Time went by and I'd almost forgotten about it until one night we went to the drive-in and they were running ads about our movie would soon be playing there. Ads ran longer than the film did, just to be sure everyone got the word. The first night the film played--it was about a 20-minute short subject--the place was packed with all the friends and relations of the kids who were in it, so the theater owner/manager made out like a bandit. As young as I was, I could tell from my "performance" there was no need to drop out of school and head for hollywood.

I once wrote about this in another movie forum, and another participant up in Ohio or somewhere said he had been in the same sort of picture show. Only this guy still had all the stuff from his movie adventure, his film "contract," the program handed out at the big debut, I think he may even had studio stills, plus the name of the company that made the film. Apparently there was a traveling group that had a camera and went around the country making what was little more than home movie with a plot.

I know one of the actors that played in De Scheepsjongens van de Bontekoehttp://imdb.com/title/tt0403483/ (dutch movie). He is a friend of one of my exbandmembers and we played some songs together.

And do check my "art": Deviant

There have been so many movies filmed around here, that it's inevitable some of the regulars pop up on the big screen now and then… but I know of some of them more than actually know them… and the few who were in Angel Heart it'd probably be better not to acknowledge at all …

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Murray Hamilton is my great uncle, or my dads uncle. You would probably be most familiar with his role in Jaws as the mayor. He was also in The Graduate, Anatomy of a Murder, the original Amityville Horror, and The Spirit of St. Louis to name a few. He starred in an episode of the Twilight Zone and before he died was becoming a regular on Gilmore Girls or something like that. I think he was nominated for a tony as well.

Sorry i couldn't place him, so I looked him up, can now remember him

Murray Hamilton is my great uncle, or my dads uncle. You would probably be most familiar with his role in Jaws as the mayor. He was also in The Graduate, Anatomy of a Murder, the original Amityville Horror, and The Spirit of St. Louis to name a few. He starred in an episode of the Twilight Zone and before he died was becoming a regular on Gilmore Girls or something like that. I think he was nominated for a tony as well.
Hey, I always enjoyed Murray Hamilton--no one could play smarm like he played smarm! He could do officious jackass parts better than anyone I ever saw, and I mean that with all respect! He made "plastics" into a 1960s catchword, and was very good as the bartender in Anatomy of a Murder. Sorry to hear he's no longer with us. One of the last of the really great supporting players.

My brother-in-law and one of his drunken college buddies are seen in the background as a couple of National Guard soldiers picking up (and dropping) survivors in the closing shots of Piranha, which was filmed in Texas.

I also had some friends who skipped high school and drove down to Uvalde to play Mexican soldiers charging the Alamo and then the volunteers defending it in the John Wayne production.

as i was reading... there seems to be a beef between yoda and that other dude .... well to both of you i say this.... Why do you come to this thread with your shinanagens, this thread was made to know who knows who correct... well if your a skeptic then why even read this caz to you, every one is a liar, i mean common your wasteing you time replying to one out of ... 5 people and pointing them out... lol its not like there makeing a thread saying they are better than every one caz they worked with some big actors. So why say ANY thing becuase for all you know HE could be ROBERT DUVALL lol think about things befor you say somthing (goes for both) hehe thats my 2 cents feel free to rip me open and show all of my typos and bad sentence structure and that i have no reason to even be commenting on the bout between the two ! lol

as i was reading... there seems to be a beef between yoda and that other dude .... well to both of you i say this.... Why do you come to this thread with your shinanagens, this thread was made to know who knows who correct... well if your a skeptic then why even read this caz to you, every one is a liar, i mean common your wasteing you time replying to one out of ... 5 people and pointing them out... lol its not like there makeing a thread saying they are better than every one caz they worked with some big actors. So why say ANY thing becuase for all you know HE could be ROBERT DUVALL lol think about things befor you say somthing (goes for both) hehe thats my 2 cents feel free to rip me open and show all of my typos and bad sentence structure and that i have no reason to even be commenting on the bout between the two ! lol
It is early days for you Grace, Yoda is the owner of this site, all though he may not have the same opinions as you or others i have great respect for the guy

aye aye i was just reading he seems like a good Admin and such but imo that was a lil uncalled for doesnt mean he is a bad dude but lol it was just out of place lol Could of been avoided but **** happens Aye!

aye aye i was just reading he seems like a good Admin and such but imo that was a lil uncalled for doesnt mean he is a bad dude but lol it was just out of place lol Could of been avoided but **** happens Aye!
Just means he is human

WELL .. A Girl In My English Class Is Daniel Craig's Niece.. Cool Or Whatt ! And Shes Met Ldza Famous People.. He Grew Up Where I Live AND He Went To The School My Best Mate Goes To And I Was Gunna But Im Not.. Lol So Yeaah x

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Two of my teachers are in the film industry.

Garrett Kerr
&
Denise Taylor

A buddy of mine has worked on Odd Job Jack and other animated shows.

Suspect's Reviews

Lol I Dont Like PERSONALLY Know Him But OBV She Duz xx An She Is Srta My Mate.. Shes Just The Girl In My English Hus Uncle Is Daniel Craig PMSL x

Lol I Dont Like PERSONALLY Know Him But OBV She Duz xx An She Is Srta My Mate.. Shes Just The Girl In My English Hus Uncle Is Daniel Craig PMSL x
Maybe it is time to concentrate in English class

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
I just found out that this spring I'm dancing under a choreographer/dancer who just got done working on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and could die of happiness! She's gonna set a piece on us and teach us dance phrases from the movie for warming up. So then I can watch the movie and be like yea, I did that.

This is random, but answers the question nonetheless.

I met the main actress/screenwriter of a little known South African movie that's based off of the opera Carmen. It's called U-Carmen.

I reccomend that people check it out--really interesting film, especially with it's African context.

Registered Creature
I was an extra for one of the lamest movies ever made, The Extra. I was the little girl in the fluffy white jacket on the street with two other girls, and infront of an ice-cream van. Though I doubt anyone here's seen it.