VHS comedy era comedy Hall of fame III (1977-1989)

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
um. . .
Parenthood and, maybe, Back To The Future?

btw, did you think Blues Brothers and Scoundrels would be mine?

um. . .
Parenthood and, maybe, Back To The Future?

btw, did you think Blues Brothers and Scoundrels would be mine?
I think people thought Blues Brothers was mine as I talked it up, but I thought it was yours. I had no idea on who nominated Parenthood.

And I'll eat my bow tie if Real Genius and When Harry Met Sally isn't GBGs. And I bet Annie Hall and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was Ahwells.

Yes...Back to The Future was mine.

My two were Annie Hall and Broadcast News. I’ll post my list a bit later when I have time.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I think people thought Blues Brothers was mine as I talked it up, but I thought it was yours. I had no idea on who nominated Parenthood.

And I'll eat my bow tie if Real Genius and When Harry Met Sally isn't GBGs. And I bet Annie Hall and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was Ahwells.

Yes...Back to The Future was mine.
Future definitely makes sense for you.
Perhaps Jerk was the other?
My two were Annie Hall and Broadcast News. I’ll post my list a bit later when I have time.
Not sure if I'd have guessed those two for you, but they DO make sense

1. Annie Hall
2. Back to the Future
3. The Princess Bride
4. After Hours
5. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. A Fish Called Wanda
7. Broadcast News
8. Parenthood
9. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
10. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
11. The Blues Brothers
12. When Harry Met Sally....
13. The Jerk
14. Real Genius

Just passing through with my 2 cents.. I think BTTF deserves a place in the Hall of Fame.
Hey you ditched 20th HoF

I agree though, even if I prefer Annie Hall, BTTF was my #2

The trick is not minding
To get some closure for this, and to award a winner, I am fine with letting Siddons ballot stand. That would mean a tie between The Princess Bride and Back to the Future.
Can everyone agree with this?

This was a fun HOF. Only 2 comedies didn’t hit the right note for me (and one was my own nomination. Oops). But all of the others were enjoyable. 1-4 were all close calls for me with 5-8 not far behind. I’ll post my final ballot and my own nominations later on tonight.
Thanks Siddon, for hosting. It really was enjoyable.

It's 4 votes for and 1 vote against with 2 votes not accounted for.

Seems like the winner is Back to the Future and The Princess Bride
Who cast the 4 votes? You don't get to vote on this yourself.

It's 4 votes for and 1 vote against with 2 votes not accounted for.

Seems like the winner is Back to the Future and The Princess Bride
And seeing how you're online I want an answer to my question...Did you use your ballot points to break ties or alter the outcome in the 18th and Comedy 1 or II?

I just checked it's 3 votes to keep your ballot and 1 against. We still need to hear from edarsenal and gbgoodies.
It's 4
Ahwell
Wyldesyde19
Hey Fredrick
Siddon

vs 1
You

It's 4

Ahwell
Wyldesyde19
Hey Fredrick
Siddon

vs 1
You
You just can't play fair can you? First you screw over the other members by altering your ballot as host, so that the outcome of the HoF will be what you want it to be, you admitted to that in this thread. Then you refuse to answer questions about if you've done this before. Then you yourself put the question up to the members if your ballot should be considered legit or not, and now you want to vote too? No way, that's not fair at all, it's you who's practices are in question, so you don't get to vote.