Peter Jackson's "King Kong"

Tools    

What do you think Peter will do with this...? I haven't really seen all of the other one but I think it will be more and improved. Like King Kong climbs up, instead of Empire State but Sauramons tower and at he top is Gandolf who yells " You shall not pass!" and he gets picked up and taked to the top. There King Kong is pestered by a bunch of giant eagles...or something like that...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Ladies Man
What do you think Peter will do with this...? I haven't really seen all of the other one but I think it will be more and improved. Like King Kong climbs up, instead of Empire State but Sauramons tower and at he top is Gandolf who yells " You shall not pass!" and he gets picked up and taked to the top. There King Kong is pestered by a bunch of giant eagles...or something like that...
I'm not even going to attempt to understand what you just said. Witty humor didn't work and all it's going to get you is ripped by just about everyone.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
Black takes on 'King Kong'

Jack Black has been in cast in Peter Jackson's remake of "King Kong" for Universal Pictures. Black will play Carl Denham, an adventurer filmmaker who is trying to make a name for himself in 1930s New York. Robert Armstrong played the role in the 1933 original.

Black joins Naomi Watts, who is playing Ann Darrow, an American actress who makes a living performing in Broadway song and dance shows.

"I've been wanting to work with Jack Black ever since I saw him in High Fidelity," said Jackson, who is also writing the remake along with his Lord of the Rings co-screenwriters Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens. "He's a smart and versatile actor blessed with an abundance of energy and charm and I'm absolutely thrilled that he is joining us on 'Kong.' I look forward to seeing Carl Denham come to life in this new version of the story and I have no doubt Jack will make him a truly memorable character."

Black, who was honored last week as Comedy Star of the Year at ShoWest 2004, starred in last fall's hit "The School of Rock" from Paramount Pictures. The role also earned him a Golden Globe nomination for best performance by an actor in a comedy or musical. He is represented by United Talent Agency and attorney Warren Dern.

Someone Save Us College Kids
well hasnt there already been a thread like this posted by our very own kong. But any ways its about time they remake this. I think they should remake allot of the kingkong movies and godzilla movies. but to bad they retired godzilla cause ive been waiting for 4 years sense i saw kingkong vs godzilla to have a remake of that

i can see it now
"big ape in big apple looking for big ring"
"big ape looking for his 'precious'"

lol

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
well hasnt there already been a thread like this posted by our very own kong.
No. That was a post by the obnoxious "TheOne" entitled, "What's next for Peter Jackson" where he and Kong argued about whether King Kong or The Hobbit was next.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
No. That was a post by the obnoxious "TheOne" entitled, "What's next for Peter Jackson" where he and Kong argued about whether King Kong or The Hobbit was next.

I remember that thread....he was pretty annoying...did he finnally leave or get banned??

Oh...and I can't wait for this one..not only cause Jackson will make an amazing movie..but the sooner this comes out, the sooner he can start looking towards making The Hobbit, which I have heard he is interested in doing, as is Sir Ian McKellen(sp?)..That will be amazing...to see how he brings Smaug to life...can't wait...be along time though...guess this movie will have to hold me over. I have to admit though, I am a fan of Jack Black, but I wonder how he will do in a role like this?? Have to wait and see...
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Originally Posted by Endless
I remember that thread....he was pretty annoying...did he finnally leave or get banned??

I have to admit though, I am a fan of Jack Black, but I wonder how he will do in a role like this?? Have to wait and see...

He was banned for being offensive and attacking many forum memembers with his idiotic mispelled vulgarities.

It will be Black's first real dramatic role, I bet he nails it. It seems anybody who can be so naturally comedic usually excells at drama.