Ender's Game

Tools    

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Hey all.
I plugged Ender's Game into the search engine here and nothing came up so I thought I was pretty safe in starting this thread.

So the movie is slated for 2006.
I'm really happy with the director doing it, Wolfgang Peterson. However, I'm super nervous about casting. This book was huge for me. I'd hate to see a bunch of Hollywood icons ruin this production.
The problem is that Ender is 6 years old.
If they get some teenager to play Ender I will be SO pissed. This movie is along the same lines of The Lord of the Rings; it can either be greatness or awful. What are your thoughts?

GimmeGoodRep
I think that peterson can do it, just get a buncha no name actors because they tend to do the best or get some great british actors or get foriegners instead of familiar faces. and it will be ok. I started reading the book but never finished it because I was also reading Star Wars at the time

Donate blood, move to Houston in the summer.

OOOOOO I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner, because that is what I truly want to be, And if I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner Everyone Would be in love with me!!!!!

This is really scary but I heard *shuddering* they were trying to get that awful kid that played Anikin (the child) to be Ender. Not only is he too old but he's lame.

A system of cells interlinked
Enders coming to the screen eh...interesting

Yes. It is. I'm excited.

can u explain in brief what its bout?

It's 2070, forty years since a devastating alien invasion was barely turned back, and the world is desperately searching for soldiers to lead them to victory when the "Buggers" come again. That's why they're drafting young children who pass a rigorous screening, and sending the best of them to the orbiting Battle School, where they are trained from childhood to be ready for war in the vertiginous reaches of space.

Into the unending pressure of military training comes six-year-old Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, who struggles to keep his humanity even as the adult teachers, rivals among his fellow students, and the strange unseen influence of the alien invaders all threaten either to destroy him or to make him into someone he can't bear to be.

His genius raises him to the top of the intensely competitive games in the Battle Room, an immense null-gravity chamber where armies of youngsters engage in mock combat. But his real struggles are off the playing field - with a dangerous older boy named Bonzo Madrid who is determined that both he and Ender cannot survive in this place; with his teacher, Mazer Rackham, who won the last war on a fluke and now is trying to prepare Ender to win the next one by skill rather than luck; and with himself, as Ender wrestles with his own demons, desperate to remain a decent human being even as he sees himself being transformed into exactly the same kind of monster as the buggers themselves.

Now who doesn't want to see that?