! -The Lord of the Rings - !

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
True, but if that's the case, I'll wait til Friday. Gotta be up early the next morning for work.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

So am I the only one seeing The Fellowship of the Ring tonight at 12:00am? Got tickets for tomorrow at 5:00pm too, since my brother couldn't stay up and see it with me tonight.

If I have any energy left at 3:whatever when I get home tonight (and I suspect I will, as this will likely jazz me up), I'll post my thoughts in a brand new thread where we can start talking about it as viewers instead of just anxious anticipators.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
NO!
I already said like 10 posts ago that I was going this morning at midnight! So, HA! I'm doin' it fo' free too.

I'm not seeing it at midnight. I'd be too sleepy to appreciate it for one...even though the idea is appealing to me. I don't have my own car to drive around, either, though...so that's another roadblock. I'd need to convince someone to do it with me...and I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, so it ain't gonna happen, I don't think.

Tomorrow afternoon (probably 1PM) is tolerable for me, though.

Now With Moveable Parts
What?! Too sleepy?! Pish-Posh! You would be too excited to sleep! I'm already excited, and I have many long hours of waiting...*sigh*

Well, if I could arrange it, I would go...but even then I would definitely be sleepy. I've been short on sleep all week. Stayed up too late last night watching "Joe Versus the Volcano" for the first time since I was MUCH younger. I enjoyed it...but I half-regret losing that valuable sleep time. I dunno, I might make a half-a**sed effort to put together a midnight showing...but I don't think it'll happen.

Now With Moveable Parts
You are my rival Holden...
I do not want you to see it the same time I see it...unless I could keep my eye on you...would you be willing to fly to California? While you're here, we could Jell-O wrestle..sound good?

Ya'll need not rub it in further. I'm a huge fan of the books, and this movie...I hope my failure to catch it at midnight is not taken as reflective upon my interest .

Now With Moveable Parts
Like I said, if you wake up sometime tonight...just picture me, or Holden, our eyes glued to the screen, watching THE coolest movie of the YEAR! hee-hee.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm sorry, T. I was just playin' with ya! Wish you were here! I'd take you with me...but I wouldn't sit with you...you'd probably drool the whole time...

And here's a bit for our rivalry (that you've imagined, BTW), Sades: I'll actually be seeing it three hours before you anyway. I'll be home and typing my thoughts while you're just getting to Rivendell.

So by virtue of this planet tilting on its axis and revolving east to west, I WILL be the number one MoFo (which is something I've actually been called many times before, going back as far as third grade).

Bow down before me!

I'm sorry, T. I was just playin' with ya! Wish you were here! I'd take you with me...but I wouldn't sit with you...you'd probably drool the whole time
Think highly of yourself, do you? I'd drool alright: Liv Tyler, Cate Blanchett, and those fine, plump Hobbit women.

Bow down before me!
You wouldn't know an orc if it bit you in the ring finger.

Now With Moveable Parts
That's what I meant. The excitement of the movie would cause severe drooling and possibly seizures...

Not me...you freak!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike

Bow down before me!
I really want to say something to this. But, I'll bite my tongue. As for you seeing it first, I bite my tongue twice...

I wouldn't put it past you to say that. Right, Spud? Arghhh, Frodo's a-callin my name. I MUST SEE THE BALROG! A flippin' fire whip...what could be cooler than that? Oh yeah, I forgot: the Nazgul! Oh wait, they're not as cool as RIVENDELL in all it's glory. D'oh, I'm forgetting the CAVE TROLL. I want to vomit with excitement. I cahnt typ rite! Gobbldygook! I'm going insane with anticipation. This movie's going to knock my head off, infect it with a terminal disease, and reattach it...and I won't even care.

Damn there is a theater that's playing LOTR at 12:01 but seeing as it's a 3 hour movie I don't know if I can remain at full movie watching strength until 3am. That third hour might be full of nodding off and resting my eyes type stuff. On the other hand, if I'm not busy and wide awake around 11am I might just go see it for the hell of it. Hmmmm...

Assuming it's not sold-out by the time you get there.

I wouldn't plan on being able to buy 'em at the door come 11:00pm. There are about ten theaters in Baltimore and D.C. with midnight screenings, and calling around today I found the first four I asked had sold out days ago.