Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

They're not using the expanded universe as reference.

The novels and books etc are no longer canon.

All that's being kept is the 6 films and the Clone Wars cartoons.

Nothing else.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
They're not using the expanded universe as reference.

The novels and books etc are no longer canon.

All that's being kept is the 6 films and the Clone Wars cartoons.

Nothing else.
And they are adding Rebels cartoon that will be set,in time of rebellion(hard guess...)

WARNING: "SWVII Plot" spoilers below

The main villains of Ep 7 are Jedi Hunters... Sith Inquisitors will play a major part in the plot apparently, these characters are shady, cloak-and-dagger style people who work like a secret society of Dark Force users.

In short terms, they're a Sith Empire, with a hierarchy and internal political system.

Here's a pic of one such Inquisitor holding Vader's broken helm. It's believed that this very one will be one of the main villains.
He's a kind of a cyborg. Half living, half robot. Kinda like Vader and Grievous, and many other Siths before him.

https://indierevolver.files.wordpres...inquisitor.png

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Tatooine again, Given the enormity of the Galaxy it's stretching things a bit thin to keep returning to some backwater desert planet.

My expectations for the new Star Wars are very low, and I'm not really a fan of Abrams. My suspicion is it's going to ruin the entire expanded universe continuity.
Fact I keep clinging to is that it simply can't be any worse than the Prequels.

Fact I keep clinging to is that it simply can't be any worse than the Prequels.
I don't know about that... especially when they obliterate the expanded universe. I think I'm probably going to just end up pretending it doesn't exist.

In the Beginning...
Tatooine again, Given the enormity of the Galaxy it's stretching things a bit thin to keep returning to some backwater desert planet.
Possibly, but I can see Luke feeling some attachment to it and choosing to live there, a la Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I actually think starting off the Sequel Trilogy with Tatooine is a good move. It's an iconic Star Wars location and will immediately give the first film some credibility.

I've always liked that the Star Wars universe is so big, but we only see a fraction of it. The original trilogy only takes place in a handful of locations (Tatooine, Hoth, Bespin, Endor moon, Death Star), giving you the sense that there's far more out there to be explored. The prequels sorta ruined all that, taking us to a ton of planets that were terribly uninteresting and uninspired (Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Mustafar).

The Sequel Trilogy might introduce worlds we haven't seen, but I truly hope they preserve the feel of the originals, where maybe we don't have to see a new place every five minutes.

The thing about planets we've seen is that we can relate to them, Endor-forest, Tatooine-desert, Hoth-ice/snow, Coruscant-city, bespin- sky/clouds etc. when you start trying to create planets with unfamiliar envioronments it's going to look weird, test the limits of the writers creativity.

Suppose I don't actually mind going back to Tatooine as long as there is an actual reason to be there. Not the nonsensical anakin Skywalker grew up here too, who knew.

Is there an official website already ?
Sites for legal streaming, the best streaming platforms
Look at torrents français, a good source to find french torrents

Try starwars.com maybe. It's been on the internet for decades.
Thank you!

In the Beginning...
From DigitalWack.com:

Anthony Daniels Talks New C-3PO Costume in 'Star Wars 7'

If you were wondering whether the new C-3PO will be CGI, or if Anthony Daniels is crawling back into that metallic suit on set, the man himself has provided the answer. He will be playing the iconic robot once again, this time for director J.J. Abrams in Star Wars: Episode VII.

When J.J. Abrams called the actor to return for the movie, it was originally for a voice role only. Anthony Daniels explains how that transpired into what he is currently shooting, describing the new C-3PO suit along the way, and why it's important that C-3PO never be CGI again in a movie:

I will tell you that when [director] J.J. Abrams rang me to ask about filming Star Wars: Episode VII, one of the first things he said after he told me how wonderful I was - and that didn't take long - but he then said, "Would you be interested in being in the film just doing the voice?" I said, "No," and he said, "Right!" He knew I'd say that. There's no way I would just do the voice. I also said that it can't be the same suit. I will tell you that the team then got together and built a new suit. They made an entirely new look-a-like with changes that you will never notice [on screen] that made my life a lot easier. I can get it on and off very quickly.

He elaborated:

[During the prequels], the only time [Threepio has] been CG was when it was very dangerous [to act in the scene in a suit] - and it wasn't very good. In fact, I'm going to say it was awful. One of the difficulties is with a character that you know and love so well is that, as a member of the audience, you go, "Oh no, that's not right. No, he doesn't move like that." With me [in the suit], he's always going to move the same way and have the same reactions, timing, and so on. With CG, you're working with some brilliant person on the keyboard who is trying to pretend to be me. The only time that has worked without doubt is Disney's Star Tours: The Adventures Continue [theme park ride]. There's an element in the pre-show which is digital and I cannot tell it's not me. It's brilliantly done by Disney.

Anthony Daniels is a complete and utter douchebag. He refused to even speak to Kenny Baker (R2-D2) because he basically viewed him as lower class.

As above, "no I'm not doing Star Wars unless I get to be in the suit".

True... Daniels is one of the biggest arseholes in the business. Not just Baker got the treatment though. I heard almost everyone got treated like filth by the guy.

Can't really see why he has such an ego though. He's a Mime who played 3PO in 6 films over the past 40 years and then played... erm... yeah. Anything else? Can't recall any other work he's had.

I remember watching the features on one of the prequel DVDs... he was wondering through the set dressed in the suit and his vision is impaired through that mask.

Nobody told him to stop... everyone just let him crash into a low piece of the set which he couldn't see, and he went arse-over-tit.

The camera cuts to the cast and crew and they're just standing there with great big sh*t eating grins on their faces. Nobody helped him up either as far as I can remember.

Details from a second draft of Episode VI going around the net..

WARNING: "Star Wars Episode VII" spoilers below
- Leia is made leader of the Republic after her predecessor's death
- Han is a retired veteran of the Republic fleet
- Luke hasn't been seen in nearly 30 years
- the lead character is Han and Leia's daughter
- the other lead is the child of Lando, and either a male or female depending on who is cast
- the other lead is a Stormtrooper, also either a male or female depending on who is cast
- dialogue for these two characters is very rough in the second draft
- Luke has no known offspring
- The Empire still exists in the form of a number of loyal galaxies and are in a state of cold war with the Republic
- The Empire is simply referred to as the "Empire," and the Republic is referred to formally only once, as the "Galactic Republic;" no "New" anywhere
- There are no Jedi whatsoever, and people still speak as if they are extinct, with Luke being "the last of his kind"
- The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
- The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly...
- The Republic are excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; the world factors into tense negotiations the Empire have had with the Republic, and is referred to as the "Sith Homeworld"
- Loredump: In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name
-The ruins within the Sith Homeworld are a control station; the planet itself is the weapon
- Luke saves the day at the end, but in a bad way; he has changed."

''You're a big man but you're out of shape!''
The production has been filming at the now disbanded Greenham Common cruise missle site here in the UK. The old hardened nuke bunkers were being used as hangers for the Falcon, XWings etc. I'm new at this site so once I've posted at least 25 times I'll add some pictures of the base inc the EP VII ships etc.

A video supposedly containing leaked footage from Star Wars: Episode VII has appeared online yesterday on Youtube, showing some form of footage from the film which was shown to be shot in Ireland.

The video showed what appeared to be a bearded man in a Jedi cloak kneeling in some sort of cave or small shrine while another man lingers at the door casting a shadow. We also see some shots of the cloaked figure walking around the island in various spots. It felt more like test footage than final shots for the film.

The video was not only pulled off of YouTube, but the account associated with it has been closed. So I would presume the video was real.

Luckily some screenshots were taken...

Source: TechnoBuffalo

I keep reading this all over, which it's true, that Star Wars has always been a summer release kind of film. It just won't feel the same to have it out in the winter. Yes, Star Wars fans will out to see no matter what, but it still won't feel the same. And if you're a true fan of either Star Wars or even the movies themselves you'd understand.