Halloween 9

Tools    

Hello,
I came up with this forum, and as a Halloween series fan (from Belgium) I read the posts made here.

I understand some people like the good old first movies, and I understand others like more H2O.

For me, I'm used to the "high-tech" stuff (not that I don't enjoy the first movies), and I really loved Ressurection.

The modern concept concerning those cam's and dangertainment footage was very cool, to me.

My friends loved it too. As a "stand-alone modern movie" I guess it's great. If you see the whole concept of the movies, I can understand it's a bit dissapointing. But anyway, I for one can't wait until the next sequel

Enjoy and c u later

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I think its pretty well established that reccurection sucked, or was targeted at the wrong audience, or something. If they make that movie-within-a-movie i think this Halloween series promises a few more good entries before it finally, mercifully dies. After Ressurection however, I'm really surprised someone didn't put that franchise down like old yeller.

The title for the new movie should be Halloween In Hollywood.

Lights. Camera. Die.

I must become Caligari..!
I love halloween, i belive it is the only good horror movie series.

i havnt see H20 or Reserection but from what freinds have told me dosent michel get decapatated at the end of H20. how can he recover from that and make two new films

you have to watch them to find out

i think it goes without saying that i absolutely love halloween and every movie in it's franchise

The title for the new movie should be Halloween In Hollywood
What would you prefer it be called Halloween in Some Guys Back Yard.Its fine to show love for independent films but Halloween is not an indenpendent film.Come on are you now saying all films that come out of Hollywood are crap.Come on at least say something reasonable.Most likely alot of the films you like came straight out of Hollywood.

The Holloween series is a slasher series and if you dont like the genre you most likely wont like Halloween.I personaly like how the Halloween films were put together.

Friday the 13th and Holloween made the slasher genre what it is today.

******* by Nature
anyone no when the Halloween 25th anniversery edition is coming out?

Originally posted by IntelSlyUtray
What would you prefer it be called Halloween in Some Guys Back Yard.Its fine to show love for independent films but Halloween is not an indenpendent film.Come on are you now saying all films that come out of Hollywood are crap.Come on at least say something reasonable.Most likely alot of the films you like came straight out of Hollywood.
.... What? When did I talk about my love for independent films and all of that crap that just spilled forth from you? I was merely making a REALLY GOOD suggestion for the Halloween 9 title.

The Holloween series is a slasher series and if you dont like the genre you most likely wont like Halloween.I personaly like how the Halloween films were put together.
I've never heard of the Holloween series. Is it scary? I like watching slasher films. I like Halloween.

Friday the 13th and Holloween made the slasher genre what it is today.
Not Psycho?! Damn, you're opinionated.

im bringin up an old topic here cuz i wanna get my opinion in. i do agree that halloween ressurection was a pile of trash. Theshape82 u said only die hard fans of the series and new generation kids would enjoy it. when i watched it i really tried to like it but i couldnt. im not really a die hard fan of the series. im a die hard fan of the original i think its the greatest horror movie ever made. but thats beside my point,i really only like halloween and halloween 2 and i like to pretend the series ended there. the reason i watched 4-6 is pleasence who is a great actor. i think the reason die hard fans like you would like resurrection is that you have a hard time sayin a halloween movie sucked because you love the series. im the same with quentin tarantino movies. i will always say they are good no matter what because i love all of his movies. if he makes a movie which has a guy sittin in a white room readin a magazine for 2 hours i will think its great and buy the DVD. but the halloween series does have alot of flaws. i will still see halloween 9 but im not really exited about it.

In terms of bringing this back, it all goes back to taking a good thing too far. Despite how they've pushed this over the edge already the fans havent complained too much. But making another one is crossing the line and dead hard fans will have somethin to say, alot to say i think.

Here's what I think.
Halloween 1 and 2 were the best and should have ended there.
They however continued on with it through the acting of Mr. Donald Pleasence. Those movies were not that great. They lost the pisazz of the original 2 which of course is inevitable as you keep going on with sequels.
If you prefer 4 to 6 then it could have ended with Donald Pleasence torturing and having his way with michael as you can hear from the background. That was one direction in which the story took.
Or you can watch episodes 1, 2, and H2O and have the series ending with the beheading of Michael. That would be the second direction that the story could have went. But now that ressurection was made it now continues through Michael without Jamie Lee. I don't like that at all. The second direction of the series is still open.

I would have loved it to end after the Halloween 2 and mabe have some remakes or somthing. At least I would have been given the perfect closure from the original in a way that I liked without making too many lame sequels. I would have even taken H2O or Halloween 6 as closure(if I had to)but I guess I can't do that now. There is only one path that I have to accept and thats the original one with the torturing of Michael in part 6.
As far as more halloween movies being made, I'm not going to say that I wont watch them because of my personal morals because it's most likely that I will watch them out of curiosity and because I will always be drawn to the name Halloween. I can't resist.

I'm a weak weak man.

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
The could always do a "Friday the 13 " device, where a demented person copycats Michael, but you actually think it's him right up to the end.
You know what, sorry in advance shape, but Resurrection sux big time, I am a true Halloween die-hard fan and I am also a "new generation" horror movie watcher(eventhough I hate the "new generation" stuff, I like the classics much better and that is something you are not likly to hear from a 17 y/o), but thisquote gave me a great idea for what they will do for a sequel.

Ok rember the psychokiller stalker in ressurection,(the guy Micheal gave his knife to) what if they do pull a Friday 13th thing and have him copycat Michael for a secquel while Michael is in someother place also killing people, it would give you the illsion that he is more superhuman than we first belived, well untill the end when they kill (we'll call him Sal) Sal and remove his mask to find that it is not Micheal, and then at the end Micheal appears out of the shadows and swings at the group and que credits. (take that god-like smarty pants producers) I hope to hear some coments about my plot from you people (give me your awnser NOW!!! ) Please!!!! O:-)

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I think they should leave the fatally wounded series down. No Halloween 9 to add to the list of atrocities commited already by the film industry. This is not to say that I am not a Halloween fan. I loved that movie. I loved that series...back when it was good. The series should've died with Donald Pleasence, the wonderful actor that played Dr. Loomis, although I'm kinda glad it didn't, because H20 was pretty good. In any event, the series should've ended with H20. Back to Donald: It was his character that made the series what it is. Michael is great, don't get me wrong, but he is just your typical psycho with a knife with out the man that would (and does in sometimes) give his life to stop Michael. Come to think of it, outside of not having any sequals, they should've stopped at the second one, when Loomis sacrifices himself and stops Michael, but, as usual, hollywood has to cash in. The only true Halloween movies are: Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 3 (they way the series should've continued after Michael is with non-related sequals like this), and Halloween H20. The others are watchable for their own reasons, but they are nothing more than deliberate attempts to cash in on the popularity of Michael Myers. The same fate would almost definately befall any future sequals.
NO offence but Halloween 3 had nothing to do w/ the series

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
In terms of bringing this back, it all goes back to taking a good thing too far. Despite how they've pushed this over the edge already the fans havent complained too much. But making another one is crossing the line and dead hard fans will have somethin to say, alot to say i think.
well, i think that the question of another halloween movie is in the balance, between the stupidity of producing yet another movie in a long series, and the addiction to seeing michael in action, the guy who has the rights to Halloween, i 4get his name, will probably put out another, but it won't come out till '06 at least, probably '08, if at all, imho i would like to see the movie, reguardless of what some people think, but what i wonder is, if u don't like the movie coming out, then don't see it, if there are plenty of people who want to see it, then don't badmouth the idea, just 4get about it, it's not going to kill you to have an idea u don't like come to theaters

(quote)And Michael giving back that butcher knife to the nut in the hospital? WTF?!?! (QUOTE)

michael gave the knife back to the nut for one simple reason:

HE HAD TO PLACE THE BLAME ON SOMEBODY ELSE SO THEY DIDN'T SUSPECT HIM!! DUH!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER IN THE BEGINING OF THE MOVIE, THE NUT WAS RECITING ALL OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FAMOUS SERIAL KILLERS. WHEN MICHAEL LEFT HE BEGAN REPEATING MICHAELS STATISTICS. WATCH THAT PART AGAIN AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

i do have to agree that halloween 8 was pretty bad after they killed jamie lee curtis. they need her. she is the series(besides michael of course)

these storylines about michael going after his sisters daughters sons roomates friends moms lover is annoying. he went after laurie. now he has no motivation.

P.S. the thorn storyline sucked. it was a waste of donald pleasentrs talents. he saved those three movies(halloweens 4,5,and 6)

Originally Posted by cymbalguy01
(quote)And Michael giving back that butcher knife to the nut in the hospital? WTF?!?! (QUOTE)

michael gave the knife back to the nut for one simple reason:

HE HAD TO PLACE THE BLAME ON SOMEBODY ELSE SO THEY DIDN'T SUSPECT HIM!! DUH!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER IN THE BEGINING OF THE MOVIE, THE NUT WAS RECITING ALL OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FAMOUS SERIAL KILLERS. WHEN MICHAEL LEFT HE BEGAN REPEATING MICHAELS STATISTICS. WATCH THAT PART AGAIN AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

i do have to agree that halloween 8 was pretty bad after they killed jamie lee curtis. they need her. she is the series(besides michael of course)

these storylines about michael going after his sisters daughters sons roomates friends moms lover is annoying. he went after laurie. now he has no motivation.

P.S. the thorn storyline sucked. it was a waste of donald pleasentrs talents. he saved those three movies(halloweens 4,5,and 6)
interesting opinion, but it strays from the topic, which seems to be a sin around here, so Halloween #9

i no this is off topic but cymbal says micheal has no motivation to kill well he does he still has lauries son to go after.

and his own son/great nephew

Originally Posted by theshape82
i can't wait for halloween 9!!!
make it!
make it now!
arg...the suspence is unreal!!!!
my cuzin went a little over kill with the halloween thing she has a mask and some times she looks like this and im shakeing n my little space boots