Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

@Donuts: I'm not sure if I agree with that. I don't think Will has it in him to pull a Tarantino character off, honestly. Their styles just don't really seem to match, in my opinion. But hey, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!

Personally I would LOVE to see George Clooney do an eccentric role in a Tarantino film. He has shown that he can do quirky stuff in Out of Sight; O Brother, Where Art Thou?; Intolerable Cruelty and Burn After Reading.

I don't want to see Will Smith in a Tarantino movie. I've just never been a fan, and it just wouldn't work. And I too would love to see Clooney star in a Tarantino film. It would work 100%.

Matthew McConaughey and Michael Fassbender (again) would also be great, especially McCounaghey.

I don't want to see Will Smith in a Tarantino movie. I've just never been a fan, and it just wouldn't work. And I too would love to see Clooney star in a Tarantino film. It would work 100%.

Matthew McConaughey and Michael Fassbender (again) would also be great, especially McCounaghey.
Quoted for truth, bringing it back

I want to hate Matthew McConaughey but some of his recent performances (The Wolf of Wall Street, Bernie, Dallas Buyers Club so I hear) have admittedly been great and he'd probably slot neatly into a Tarantino Western, given the right role.

Looking forward to this.

I want to hate Matthew McConaughey but some of his recent performances (The Wolf of Wall Street, Bernie, Dallas Buyers Club so I hear) have admittedly been great and he'd probably slot neatly into a Tarantino Western, given the right role.

Looking forward to this.
And Magic Mike, Killer Joe and Mud. Got the right look for a beat up Spaghetti Western style character too.

Exterminate all rational thought.
I've always wanted to dislike McConaughey, but I respect that he takes the money from the crappy movies he makes and uses it to help finance some incredible independent cinema, and I've always loved him in Dazed and Confused. So it's really hard not to like him, and I've become a big fan in the last few years. Mud was great, and while Killer Joe wasn't fantastic he was good in it. His small role in The Wolf of Wall Street was really good too. DBC will be available on disc in February, so I am waiting for that, although it is still in some theaters around here, but I expect that to be good too. So I think he would definitely be great in a Tarantino flick.

Looking forward to this.
Matthew McConaughey is terrific. He's evolved into a great actor just over the past 3 or 4 years.

He would be absolutely amazing in a Tarantino film. Plus, I can hear him dropping lines from Tarantino's dialogue like the smooth cool talker that he is
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

i used to hate matthew mcConaughey because of how many awful romantic comedies he was in, but he's become one of my favorite working actors. killer joe was one of my favorite performances ever.

i used to hate matthew mcConaughey because of how many awful romantic comedies he was in.
I actually really like How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. I don't think I've seen any of his other rom coms.

Exterminate all rational thought.
He'd make a terrible rom com that would make me want to barf and I'd hate him, then he'd go be in some awesome drama or low budget film with a stellar performance and I just couldn't. Fortunately he seems to be staying away from that over the last few years and has really turned into a great actor.

The ”want” would come from seeing yet another preview for some Hollywood garbage, but then something good would pop up and he'd blow me away. Finally I read an article where he talked of using the money from the crap movie to either help fund a movie or to take small paycheck to do a pet project, and I just had to respect him. Now I look for movies he's in.

McConaughey will always have my respect because he was in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation

(aka "Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre")

Widely considered the worst Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie (but not by me) this film also features Renee Zellweger -- both she and McConaughey did it before they got big. This came out in 1994. They were both the leads. He played Vilmer, a member of Leatherface's family. She played the heroine.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tx.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	12479   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_110978_214f445f.jpg
Views:	1274
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	12480  

Do we have to create a new thread after every Tarantino interview?

I am the Watcher in the Night
Do we have to create a new thread after every Tarantino interview?
hahaha yes we do!!

Tarantino doing another western is a great idea, Django was awesome but I;d like it if QT went back to his roots of episodic adventures, where the story is told via an umber of chapters across varying time frames. Pulp Fiction is still the best thing he ever did and half the joy was in assembling it all together.

Djang owas a bit simplistic, pure entertainment but not quite the pinnacle of what QT is capable of.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"