Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

JGL=Joseph Gordon-Levitt
I'm watching Don Jon tonight, so thanks for the reminder!

He would be cool in a Tarantino film, too.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Basically, what I'm getting from this discussion: Tarantino works well with every actor/actress. Ever
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

From all the names that have been said:

JGL - I don't really see it, but who knows.
Hanks - YES! Could be awesome.
David Oyelowo - Can't really say.
Michael B. Jordan - Can't really say.
Jason Schwartzman - Could work, but as a rather small role
Aaron Paul - Meh.
Jennifer Lawrence - Could definitely work.
Anna Kendrick - In a smaller role, sure.
Viggo Mortensen - Could work very well if he embraces the comical undertone of Tarantino's work.
Ryan Gosling - Could work if Ryan would finally go TOTALLY WILD! I'm not sure if he can do that, though.
Justin Timberlake - Nope.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Cranston would be fun!

I'm super excited about this. Thus one will be a real western too. I loved Django but Tarantino himself called it a southern. The geography and subject matter make it hard to classify it as a true western, so it will be my dream come true. Right after Kill Bill 2 came out I imagined how awesome a Tarantino western would be. I love the old spaghetti westerns (particularly anything with Eastwood and Van Cleef), and I know he will make an awesome one!

From all the names that have been said:

JGL - I don't really see it, but who knows.
Hanks - YES! Could be awesome.
David Oyelowo - Can't really say.
Michael B. Jordan - Can't really say.
Jason Schwartzman - Could work, but as a rather small role
Aaron Paul - Meh.
Jennifer Lawrence - Could definitely work.
Anna Kendrick - In a smaller role, sure.
Viggo Mortensen - Could work very well if he embraces the comical undertone of Tarantino's work.
Ryan Gosling - Could work if Ryan would finally go TOTALLY WILD! I'm not sure if he can do that, though.
Justin Timberlake - Nope.
What about...

Cranston
Clooney
Hackman
Dern
Waltz
Stallone
Schwarzenegger

Finished here. It's been fun.
How about Bryan Cranston?

Whose Bryan Cranston? All I'm seeing in this photo is Heisenburg

Cranston is a great idea, Mojo. After Breaking Bad, he has proven that he is a big time actor.
Agreed. Hard to believe this is the same guy who played the dad on Malcolm in the Middle, and the annoying neighbor to the Heffernans in the early seasons of The King of Queens. He's come a long way to enjoy such a huge success in this late stage in his career from a television series nonetheless.

I think he would be great playing any role, whether it's one of the good guys or the bad guys, in Tarantino's next film.

I would like to see Fassbender in another Tarantino film and I think Tom Hardy would be great too.
Fassbender and Hardy are great choices!

Fassbender was great in Inglourious Basterds, and I think Tarantino owes him a second go.

Hardy's career has yet to take off into the stratosphere, and this could be the boost that he needs.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Since Tartantino is so good at resurrecting careers, and it is a Western, how about this guy-

That would be amazing. He was almost in Django Unchained but dropped out for some unknown reason.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

My hateful eight-

Kevin Spacey
Micky Rourke
Viggo Mortensen
Kevin Costner
Matthew McConaughey
Billy Bob Thorton
Nicolas Cage
Josh Brolin
I think you just cast the film, cricket!

I would take out Cage and Brolin and replace them with Bryan Cranston and Justin Timberlake.

Somebody call Tarantino's people!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned John Travolta as a possible star.

It's been 20 years since Pulp Fiction resurrected his career. What better way to celebrate that than for Tarantino to cast him in maybe a secondary role in The Hateful Eight?

So, here's my dream cast for the Eight (let's call them the dream 8) for now

Kevin Spacey
Will Smith
Viggo Mortensen
Kevin Costner
Matthew McConaughey
Billy Bob Thornton
Bryan Cranston
Christoph Waltz

Appearing in secondary roles or cameos: Timberlake, Hackman, Dern, Travolta, and Stallone.

He could take some unknown actor as well or do like in Jackie Brown take 2 actors from the past that are kind of forgotten and bring them back !