An American Haunting

Tools    

An American Haunting - Anyone seen the previews for this? Its coming out on May 5th. I just now saw the trailer for it 5 minutes ago. Where does everyone stand on this? Excited? Skeptical? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone were pre-disappointed since the horror genre has pretty much gone down the crapper lately.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yeees, i went to their site - the trailer there is far more interesting than the one i saw on tv for (it literally seemed to be 15 sec long) ... it focused on the current modern storyline versus the older with donald sutherland ... that's the interesting one!

It was released a while ago, gave it a miss. Looked too much in the vein of The Exorcism of Emily Rose and with far too many 'things that go bump in the night' scares and just otherwise unmemorable.

I had high expectations for this one but then it just looked too plain stupid.

sounds interesting

In the Beginning...
Eh, looks a little too sensationalized for me. For one, it doesn't really seem to reflect "hauntings" in the manner we generally understand them - it looks more like the most extreme, unrealistic case of demonism ever. For another, it seems to be using too much of the "evil voice" for me.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Reading the story of the actual "witch" that is said to haunt the location where the family house used to be, it really doesn't seem to be much of a "haunting". On one hand, I agree with Sleezy, that this is just a case of demonism. On the other, I agree with Pyro that it's a lot like The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which just so happens to be yet another "based on actual events" movie. Oh well, I'll probably see it anyway.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hey all. New to the board and had a thought on this movie I recently watched. Is it a case of stolen innocence from John's wife or John's daughter? I was thinking it was from his daughter but oddly enough the Netflix summary confused me.

yeees, i went to their site - the trailer there is far more interesting than the one i saw on tv for (it literally seemed to be 15 sec long) ... it focused on the current modern storyline versus the older with donald sutherland ... that's the interesting one!
hey do you got the link for the site?